• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cherry Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those three letters can stand for ALOT of things!lol But as far as the company goes they don't stand for anything. So IFL is IFL basically, they fly Convairs, a couple 727's, and 2 or 3 Falcons. Pretty sure they're not hiring now, they just had a bunch of layoffs.

IFL = Int'l Flight Logistics

IFL= I'm ********************ing lost

IFL doesn't stand for International Flight Logistics. I worked there for a few years, it's a carry over from one of Allens previous companies. Nobody there know what it used to stand for, so basically it's just three letters.

Been there done that

Yea I heard that one when I worked there, but how about Inman, Frank and Larry?

Last edited:
Talked to the chief pilot @ Cherry Air, seems like a nice guy. Who is IFL? Do those 3 letters stand for something? Sooo Cherry Air pilots spend allot of time on the road? How much time does one fly in a year? Scheduled days on/off?

We spend a good deal of time on the road, but they do bring us home during the week alot too. I flew about 600 hours last year and 1000 the year before. It was slow last year so hopefully it will be better this year. Schedule is like Ameristar's, 5 on 2 off. Off every weekend except for a floating weekend on call. Usually works out to be about every 6th weekend or so.

Training

We spend a good deal of time on the road, but they do bring us home during the week alot too. I flew about 600 hours last year and 1000 the year before. It was slow last year so hopefully it will be better this year. Schedule is like Ameristar's, 5 on 2 off. Off every weekend except for a floating weekend on call. Usually works out to be about every 6th weekend or so.

So the flying mostly happens Monday - Friday? I heard that ground school is like 5 weeks long then you go to Flight Safety. Do you get paid in training? Do you get a hotel room paid for?

Mostly Mon-Fri, ground school is very good and informative and is around 5 weeks. You get base pay while in training-$600 every two weeks. I think they pay for a hotel room for three weeks during training.

I heard you guys do alot of training at the outer marker on weekends thats why you have the 5/2 schedule and only work 1 weekend every 6 weeks. That picture shows what a hung start looks like.

Those three letters can stand for ALOT of things!lol But as far as the company goes they don't stand for anything. So IFL is IFL basically, they fly Convairs, a couple 727's, and 2 or 3 Falcons. Pretty sure they're not hiring now, they just had a bunch of layoffs.

Independent Flight Leasing.

Is Billy S. still the CP at cherry? good guy. Can't say the same for some other people on their management team.

Latest resources

Back