Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lilah

Going, going, gone...

Lears 343CA, 151WW, Falcons 220CA,235CA, 216CA, 217CA....
There were a few folks that flew all of them. If my logbooks were here in Canada, I'd tell a story of each from the Falcon side. At any rate, it's a sad passing of some good times. My summation of the company was like this. We used them, they used us, neither one cared. It launched many directly into the likes of Southwest, into corporate, larger freight, and some into AA programs. I doubt many would say they were sorry about their time there.

Cheers!

Lilah

PS, Are they still flying one plane?

http://www.starmanauctions.com/upcomingauctions.5.htm

And the details...(I don't think Jose is included, some reassembly will be required. It'd be worth $2K to park one in the front yard, eh?)

http://www.starmanauctions.com/Past Auction/CHERRY AIR/sale bill information.cherry air.pdf

I flew em' all[Cross trained on the Lear as an FO for 12 months]. Makes my heart ache to see this happening. It's a sad tale to see what has happened to city ramp. :(

I don't know how many are still flying, but I know for a fact that at least one falcon is. Staying very busy too.

passing of some good times. My summation of the company was like this. We used them, they used us, neither one cared.

Lilah
Isn't that a Bob Seger song?

Hi!

It was nice meeting the Cherry guys I met on the road. Good group. Hope they can keep it going!

cliff
LFW

They are still making a run at it. 218ca and 209ca are still flying around and staying fairly busy. At least 2 crews possibly 3 are carrying on. I dont work there anymore, but dont regret the good times with good friends i had there.

218CA is an old Fed-EX DA20 and 209CA is the green goblin. It even had green carpet in the cockpit. 218 was the highest time plane when I was there....but it seemed to not break as often as the others. Both planes flew great.

DHawk....I hear ya on the good times with friends there. Poker at the Holiday Inn Express Belleville, Social hour at the Hawthorne ELP, Taco Pelinque in LRD, Burritos Nortenas in MMTO, Huaraches in Saltillo...I always kept a football in the plane so when we were waiting on freight we could play catch.

Ran across some old pictures of some trips we did....I can't believe some of the things we did. Two trips in one duty period got you a free meal on the company. Good times...to all my Cherry Air Buddies...CHEERS...miss you guys...I'm buying when I see ya....
-BW
Cherry Air 2001-2005:beer:

I'd like to have Willy Willy as a paper weight.
PS, the Lear side had better pilots!

Latest resources

Back