• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chengdu J-20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The J-20 has a bunch of extra aerodynamic surfaces that are generally not needed on aircraft that use multi-directional thrust vectoring and are computer stabilized. They will make a straight thrust aircraft fly real nice, but will get spanked by a quality thrust vectored aircraft. The multitude of surfaces create enemy opportunity for detection and destruction. The Chinese are catching up but are still behind the power curve when it comes to an air-supremacy aircraft. It is very believable that the J-20 is just as advertised, a research prototype. It may take 5-10 years for the J-20 to evolve into a credible threat. Even so, I'd love to see the Aussies pull some built up political power to keep the F-22 production running for importation. The F-22 would keep a check on the region for the better part of 20 years.

Yep, because those chinese fighter pilots are so tactically sound. :rolleyes:

Please expound us with your in-depth knowledge on the tactical soundness of Chinese fighter pilots, Mr Expert.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Please expound us with your in-depth knowledge on the tactical soundness of Chinese fighter pilots, Mr Expert.:rolleyes:

I think he is (or was) an F-22 pilot in the Guard, so I think he probably has done his homework.

We all better get behind the latest P3 upgrades so it can maintain it's air superiority advantage over the Chinese fighters.

Ready! Fire! Aim! Can you still take this back Waka?

There's no reason to take it back. He made a summary comment about Chinese fighter pilots without giving a reason. I asked him to explain further. What's the problem? If Scrapdog is a fighter pilot, I am sure he can handle some mild snarkiness and eye rolling....especially if he can dish it out.

My request, eye rolling and all, stands.

We all better get behind the latest P3 upgrades so it can maintain it's air superiority advantage over the Chinese fighters.
Excellent!

I say we give all the defense contracts to Caterpillar. We're 2 and 0 in the collision department.

There's no reason to take it back. He made a summary comment about Chinese fighter pilots without giving a reason. I asked him to explain further. What's the problem? If Scrapdog is a fighter pilot, I am sure he can handle some mild snarkiness and eye rolling....especially if he can dish it out.

Like Maj Wong-way and his collision with the P-3?

If he can dish it out? Are you a Chinese fighter pilot?

Latest resources

Back