• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

check out number 10...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CNBC reported tonight the average worker in an automotive assembly line for the big three makes $73 an hour in wages and benefits. Of course they get paid for every hour, plus retirement and insurance during their golden years.

CNBC reported tonight the average worker in an automotive assembly line for the big three makes $73 an hour in wages and benefits. Of course they get paid for every hour, plus retirement and insurance during their golden years.

The amazing thing is that the auto workers in Europe have better pay/benys and their employers are making money. Hmmmmm. Could it be that even though their CEOs make far less than counterparts in the US, they don't have their heads up their @sses.

63*40hr/week= $120k

My math is:

$63/hr * 40/week = $2520/wk

$2520/week * 52 weeks = $131,040

That definitely doesn't help the public perception.

The way its going so far, this won't be the norm for much monger. What's going to happen to 1M+ auto worker retirees when their pension annunity is slashed and sold to the PBGC?

The amazing thing is that the auto workers in Europe have better pay/benys and their employers are making money. Hmmmmm. Could it be that even though their CEOs make far less than counterparts in the US, they don't have their heads up their @sses.

That's because the govt. takes care of the retirement and health care....It is the legacy benefit costs that make them unprofitable....

That definitely doesn't help the public perception.

Tell me about it. Just got a new job overseas and I was telling my grandmother what my current job pays. Her reply was,"thats it(salary), I thought you made more than that." Thanks grandma.

I was really hoping we could beat those guys in the number 8 spot. They've got it made I tell ya'...

8. Miscellaneous mechanical and repairing occupations

WTFO???

Latest resources

Back