check out number 10...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
10. Airline pilots and navigators
Job Description: Airline pilots, copilots, and flight engineers pilot and navigate the flight of multi-engine aircraft in regularly scheduled service for transport of passengers and cargo.
Very happy: 49.1%
Median hourly rate (airline pilots, copilots, or flight engineers): $63

Two things come to mind:

1. They are getting closer with the pay scales atleast.

2. 49.1% are "Very Happy" translates to 50.9% of us, aren't "Very Happy". ;)

At least the pay is accurate!! :laugh:

yeah- except most people think we're paid for every hour on duty

63*40hr/week= $120k

average?
c'mon
it's more bs to keep flight schools filled w/ eager beavers willing to spend the money for a 'lucrative career' -- more young guys mis-informed- the less leverage we have in a supply/demand market.

Hot jobs? ... Airline Navigator...?
Another genius reporting on an industry he/she knows nothing about.

We need some AIRLINE NAVIGATORS!!!!

The ones we use now are not doing a good job of navigating through these dangerous economic times. It feels like it is very dark out, no moon, and we are on one engine with ice building up on the wings and below the mountain tops.

Good luck airline navigators you are entering the darkest economic times in a very long time and no one knows what the future holds.

Why do they put a median salary for all the other professions but for us its only $63 an hour, leading people to believe the median is 120 grand for a 40 hour work week, as someone mentioned earlier. The ignorance people have of our profession is alarming. Of all the people I have discussed salary with in my several years in this racket, which amounts to over 100's, not one, let me repeat myself, NOT ONE, wasn't shocked at how little airline management has the gall to compensate us. When I tell them we are paid for just a fraction of our duty time, most say I am crazy for even doing this. The public needs to know that only about 10% are earning those top salaries that everyone hears about when a pilot group is in contract negotiations. Management must intentionally plant this information with the media to report, so as to get people to continue the age old presumption that we are all overpaid and underworked.

exactly pipe- my question- where is ALPA/CAPA when these things come out?
Our negotiations are almost solely political-- public perception makes a huge difference. HUGE.

HAAHAHHAHHHAHHAAAAHA! What did they do poll the pilots at one airport, say Sky Harbor? 49% were Southwest pilots that said, "I luv my job" 51% were US Airways pilots that said, "leave me alone I'm on my way to put a bullet in my head".

Latest resources

Back