Check my luggage, Please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sarguy

How many of you are being screened at the gate while nonrevving? They have hit me two times in a row and I possess a sida badge for that airport!!! Taking shoes off and opening belt buckles, etc. Did we not all just submit to mandatory fingerprints? And the military has my dna. We have all gotten new I.D's with more barcodes and magnetic strips than Charlie Manson and they continue to harass us. I am all for profiling but has anybody seen a 6'3" 210lb arab? I'm having a tough time with it since the last inspection was done by some guy who had not beeen in the US long enough to master the english language. I am also growing tired of seeing the 85 yr old woman in a wheel chair getting grilled. They even chose to screen my sister in law (who has Down syndrome) and traveling on a friends and family pass with my wife. Yet some woman with a loaded 357 makes it onboard! Can I get a little love here? How many screeners died on 9/11/01?

Preach it, brother ---- my blood is starting to boil just thinking about it!

My wife was non revving home to Dallas from SFO on Delta. At the security checkpoint at SFO, the boob at the check point made her remove my son's (2 1/2) diaper. She thought he was kidding, but he stated that he needed to ensure nothing was being concealed.

A DIAPER!!!

Oh something was being concealed alright, hey jacka$$, you want fries with that???

The TSA is nothing more than the paragon of big government, knee-jerk, reactionary, politically correct dog and pony show, BS politics. It pains me to think of the morons in D.C. sitting on Capitol Hill slapping each other on the back for a job well done, wading thru a cesspool of self-indulgent platitudes about how they are keeping America safe.

In reality, those people who depend on air travel for their business and those of us who depend on their dollars to make a living, look at the absurdity and shake our collective heads like a senior staff NCO acknowledging a direct order from newly minted 2d Lt.

I hope someone in Washington comes to their senses before the industry is in a shambles and were all drivin' CoachLiners for a big gov'ment subsidized Greyhound.

Oh I'd love to find out where that security checkpoint is that likes to check diapers.

Evil thoughts of a great prank involving soiled diapers is coming to mind. At the risk of sounding more immature than I already have, you can use your imagination to figure it out :)

Maybe they could've just put your son on the belt and X-rayed him...

Seriously, though, has anyone been through MCO with the feds running security now? Is that happening elsewhere too? They seem much more professional to me. Looks like they do a very good job, no-nonsense, military like.

MetroSheriff said:
My wife was non revving home to Dallas from SFO on Delta. At the security checkpoint at SFO, the boob at the check point made her remove my son's (2 1/2) diaper. She thought he was kidding, but he stated that he needed to ensure nothing was being concealed.

A DIAPER!!!

I remember a Burt Reynolds movie in the '70's where he could get his horse to crap on cue. Too bad you can't do that with a child. "Uh, Miss could you hold my baby for a moment?"

I agree with everyone one else about the politics involved. It's campaign time in AZ and the ads are driving me nuts. "I will cut taxes, save medicare, improve education, fight terrorism..." Blah Blah Blah. Gosh haven't we be hearing that for the past 50 years or more? Any new politicians we may get this year will legislate the same bologna as the formation of the TSA. With that said we are still the greatest country in the world. I think the security issues will get resolved eventually. It may take years though. They need another distraction to take away the attention of airport security. Too bad that our government doesn't get that if another attack happens it most likely won't have anything to do with airports or aircraft.

Peace,
AZPilot

Sarguy said:
They have hit me two times in a row and I possess a sida badge for that airport!!!

Happens to me all the time in ATL. They see my SIDA badge and their eyes light up. "Excuse me sir, could you step over here for a moment?" I figure they expect me not to have anything illegal or questionable in my bag so they can keep up the illusion that they are screening but don't have to work too hard at it. Looks like they get the screeners and ASA rampers from the same pool.

Last edited:
The screener of who checked your son's diaper for a concealed bomb should be commended for his dedication and vigilance! He should be promoted and put in charge of training all new screeners. But logically, one must ask, "If a baby can conceal something deadly in its diaper, imagine the weapons of ass destruction the elderly and incontinent can conceal in their larger, adult diapers! all elderly people should now be checked for diapers, and should they be found wearing one, the diaper should be checked for concealed weapons!

This is a major hole in all that stands between the security of our homeland and gee I should run for office.

Can you believe this BS?!

(That whole first bit was bitter sarcasm, btw)

Hey folks,

I'm not justifying the silliness practiced by security screeners but face it, a determined terrorist could very well resort to hiding plastic explosives in a baby's diaper or in granny's wheelchair. As ridiculous as it sounds, it could happen.

How does fast-tracking immigrants to get citizenship and paying them twice than before make them into Uber-Screeners?

Those gate screeners in ATL need to get some personality! Boy, you try to be nice and all you get is attitude! The thing that really sux about the screening is when the flight is full and you have to find room for your bag after everyone else has filled up your rows!

Some of the DAL FA's need to lighten up, too. I've been back and forth from MCO to STL due to family illness and I've run into some real sourpuss agents and FAs. What's the deal with people? Even when you're cordial and jovial, they brush you off or are just plain rude!

TSA at MCO seems to run O.K. The uniforms sure are purdy! I wonder if I can work p/t during reserve?

Latest resources

Back