Check-carrying TBM700@CAE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-REX said:
I saw someone loading checks into a freight TBM-700 at Columbia, SC (CAE)....I was speechless! Anyone know what company this is?

It could have been Skibble, SmithKline. They were probably loading lab samples (blood, piss, etc) to be tested in Atlanta. They are based in Gwinett County Airport, Atlanta, GA.

Smoth Kline got bought out, I bet it was Quest Diagnostics based out of LZU. I know a few of the pilots there. Its a very well paying gig for single engine ops, they also have a few 310's left.

B-J-J Fighter said:
Smoth Kline got bought out, I bet it was Quest Diagnostics based out of LZU. I know a few of the pilots there. Its a very well paying gig for single engine ops, they also have a few 310's left.

I didn't know they had been bought-out. Of course, it's been a while since I followed that sort of thing. BTW, OCS is nothing to look forward to, but you will see some of the funniest stuff you will ever see there (just don't laugh). Good luck!

Interesting link to the website. I found no job info after it loaded.

I can tell you this: I know almost all of those guys at RDG. It's a good job, if you can get it. Most everyone is hired on a personal, word-of-mouth basis, and they like the TBM a lot. The 310's parts are getting hard to locate. They have a Hawker and an Otter for the corporate execs, also based at RDG.

I'd guess that the job posting is more of a formality than anything else. Four of their pilots (that I know) were hired out of instructor jobs at the flight school in the same building.

Network, network, network.

We used to fly checks in one of our PAX Lear25's all the time.

Leather, gold, one of the best freighters out there.

anyone got the right contact info?

used to hear them alot ont he air. fast bunch.
anyone have the contact info? who what and where to write/mail/emial/fax?

PM me if you like. im quite interested in them. just never got to meet the pilots.

Heard a few guys quit and others got fired, twin otter's gone, one of the King Airs also.

Good pay is correct, the boss is a d**k.

FF

You may be right.

Last week I didn't see it (the otter) on the ramp in front of the maintenance hangar, but I figured it was over in TEB, where it usually spent the afternoon. Maybe it was too noisy inside for the execs, eh?

Didn't hear a word about firings or quittings. Send a PM if you like.

Latest resources

Back