• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was once an American Eagle Captain who would show up to happy hour at the overnight hotel, order a glass of water from the cocktail waitress, eat all the free appetizers, take a sh1t and stink up the restroom and stiff the poor waitress on the way out. His wig is worthy of a seperate thread.

One day I (UAX F/O) approached a crusty old NWA captain to ask him for a J/S home, handing him my ratty, been-through-the-wash-a-couple-times old paper license and medical.

Him: You know, you could send $2.50 to the FAA, and they would send you a new PLASTIC license card...

Me: You know, I'm just so cheap, I'm gonna wait til they have to send me the plastic one for free.

Him: Well, sounds like you're ready to upgrade!

That guy ruled.

There is an Airtran Capt down the street who goes to the local Supermarkets and buys their meat (Steaks and chicken) they plan on throwing out because they can't sell it before the expiration date. He gets it at a huge discount, something like 75% off. He then freezes it and sells it door to door as Premium Steaks/ Chicken out of a truck with a logo on the side that says "Premium Meat". The truck looks like one of those Swans trucks with a converted Freezer in the back. Pretty funny stuff.

When I was at the regionals there was a captain who would save all the leftover little sandwiches and that was all he would eat on the overnights.

There was also an F/A who was going to make a ecipe book on meals you cna make out of the coffee pots a hotel overnights.

I was dumbfounded on how cheap some people are.

When I was at the regionals there was a captain who would save all the leftover little sandwiches and that was all he would eat on the overnights.

There was also an F/A who was going to make a ecipe book on meals you cna make out of the coffee pots a hotel overnights.

You know, I seriously contemplated designing and selling a universal attachment that would hold a hotel-supplied iron upside down so it could be used as a jury-rigged "hot plate".

Then I realized anyone cheap enough to plan on doing their cooking on a hotel iron would definitely be WAY to cheap to pony up 5 bucks for a better way to do it.

Well, that and the fact that I've ruined way too many shirts with cheese-stained crew-hotel irons (god, I hope that was cheese).

Not a pilot, but a former employees friend from primary school, became a teacher. Teach would have his third grade class bring in a letter, once a month to The President, The Vice President, The Mayor, congress, etc.
Each month, he would peel the stamps off these letters, never mail them and pay his bills with same stamps...

You are not suppose to touch those coffee pots with a ten foot pole! Those things are used as finishing pots.
SP

There was also an F/A who was going to make a recipe book on meals you can make out of the coffee pots a hotel overnights.

Not a pilot, but a former employees friend from primary school, became a teacher. Teach would have his third grade class bring in a letter, once a month to The President, The Vice President, The Mayor, congress, etc.
Each month, he would peel the stamps off these letters, never mail them and pay his bills with same stamps...

hahahahha thats priceless!

Latest resources

Back