• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are not suppose to touch those coffee pots with a ten foot pole! Those things are used as finishing pots.
SP

The funny/sad part was that she would have a smile and would say it with pride. Somewhere out there some F/A or pilot has used the iron to cook something.

Flew with a captain who would order a 6 inch sub for lunch and get extra veggies. He would then take all the veggies out and eat that as a salad for lunch and save the sandwich for dinner.

We did get a memo at Lakes explaining that flight crews should not empty the continental breakfast into there lunch boxes.

My favorite, however, one night I go into a random bar in Atlanta. Not associated with a hotel or in a pilot neighborhood. I ask the waitress if they have any drink specials... She looks at me and says "are you a pilot?"

We did get a memo at Lakes explaining that flight crews should not empty the continental breakfast into there lunch boxes.

My favorite, however, one night I go into a random bar in Atlanta. Not associated with a hotel or in a pilot neighborhood. I ask the waitress if they have any drink specials... She looks at me and says "are you a pilot?"

Thats too funny... I remember flying a four day and hooking up with another crew and having drinks. My F/O said he was hungry but he didnt want to join us for dinner because was carrying a beach cooler! On the trip was bragging about how much $$ he was making as an F/O because of the per-diem. He didnt understand per-diem is for food. He considered it income.

There are some pretty good tips in here. Keep em coming, I may never have to pay for a meal ever again. Haha.

This thread could go on for many pages!

When I was at Comair in the mid 80's there was a female Capt who bragged she swiped all the T. paper from the hotel rooms. I still remember her saying: "If you smash it flat it will take up less room in your suitcase!"

Of course there's the one about how the FBI caught a terrorist, he was dressed up as a pilot but they knew they had him when he actually bought a newspaper!

I actually watched my flight attendant do this one morning.

She came downstairs with her suitcase full of Ziplocs, and empty water bottles. She proceeded to empty the whole damn buffet into those bags and bottles, at least 3 bottles of milk, plus OJ....enough cereal, donuts and bagels to feed a small army, plus fruit and cream cheese.

She caught us giving her the WTF? eye and told us she brought her bag because it was easier than carrying it all.

Completely embarrassing.

Latest resources

Back