• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheap flightsafety or simuflite?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you dogging in a twin? Does your company have an in house D.E. for check rides or does the FAA do it?

I had my ATP signed off by the FAA while doing a 12 month 135 PIC check in the King Air. He said he could not do the paperwork, but if I had it all filled out and placed it in front of him, he would be more than happy to sign his name to it.

My cost was $zero.

Check into it.

Yeah, man, if you're hauling cargo you should be able to piggy back your next PIC ride into the ATP. Even if you have an in house check pilot just have a FED sit in the back and observe(I think that's how that worked).

That was my plan but I guess our POI wont let us do it anymore or the company doesn't want to do it anymore.....that was my original plan.

oh well.....i'll go play with a "neato" glass cockpit seminole i guess.

Why does your company want to screw you like that?

If you are trying to get on with a fractional, all they require is an ATP written. If you have that done, you can get your ATP during your initial type ride. Much less hassle than doing it on your own.

all the ones I've seen require the actual license...at least i'm 90% sure they do.

Yup, it appears you are right. I haven't looked in six years, that's when I was hired with one of them. At the time, most of them only required an ATP written. Good luck with your decision.

Latest resources

Back