Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Heres the deal...I need to get my ATP here pretty quick and since my company won't do the ride I have to pay for it.

Are there any cheap simuflite or flightsafety programs that might actually be interesting for around the same total cost of going somewhere and doing the ATP(2000$) that I could also get an ATP for.

I know flightsafety has a Cessna 400 series program but haven't found anything out about cost.

Any advice I would appreciate.

Try one of those wam bam thank you ma'am courses in TX. I went to one in red bird airport and $1500 dollars later I had a multi ticket and ATP training was the same cost. Training took a hole 4 days with check ride. That was a while ago but those places are everywhere. I believe you could find listings for some in aopa flight training mag.

Heres the deal...I need to get my ATP here pretty quick and since my company won't do the ride I have to pay for it.

Are there any cheap simuflite or flightsafety programs that might actually be interesting for around the same total cost of going somewhere and doing the ATP(2000$) that I could also get an ATP for.

I know flightsafety has a Cessna 400 series program but haven't found anything out about cost.

Where are you located ?

Is your company requiring this ??

I'm in dallas.

ATP is wanting 1500+ examiner fee which will be a couple hundred more. Its my original plan but I'd rather do something new/different than go putter around in a seminole for five hours.r

Is your company requiring this ??

negative, just hoping to get out of freight and on with a Fractional or corporate company and the ATP is pretty much required for everything....at least it couldn't hurt.

figured corporate guys would have more knowledge of flight safety/simuflite/etc..

The ATP is the only rating that does not require a CFI sign-off. If you have passed your written, all you need is make an appointment with a DE, show up in a multi engine aircraft, and pass the check ride to go home with an ATP. The only difference between this and your Private, Commercial, Instrument, etc. is that you need no CFI. You sign yourself off for this ride.
Most people show up for their first jet type rating with their ATP written passed and the type ride is also their ATP ride. If you'er not getting a jet type just go to your local DE - it's very simple.

HEADWIND

I'm tryin to find a place that'll let me use there airplane without having to go for 10 hours dual with one of there instructors.

Don't know about FSI, but simuflite and Prestosim (here in DFW) have ATP "courses" if you're not getting a type. The only problem is they're about $4000 at both places. You're best bet is ATP and doing it in a seminole unless your company will let you use their plane. I'm in the same boat, but hoping I have another type rating coming soon rather than forkin out another 2 grand.

Latest resources

Back