Chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyer4hire

Has anyone ever left Chautauqua / Republic before the end of their training contract? If so, did the company come after you for the money?

Thanks!
flyer4hire

Please... no need to chime in with "you signed it you should live up to it". I am aware of that, I just wanted to know what the company actually does in these cases.....

Those are illegal, and the most the company can do is send you an intimidating letter and hope you're stupid enough to send them a check.

have you read the CHQ contract? Although I'm no lawyer, it sounds like it has some teeth to me. I read thru it as they want us MDA guys to sign it for 1 year if we do J4J. The only other training contract I have read was the one I got from Airtran back pre911 (I should shoot myself for not taking that job) which wasn't anywhere near as lengthy as the CHQ one.

I left in 1999 after having signed the thing the first day of initial.. I called the D.O. to put in my notice fully expecting to honor my side of the deal by paying up. He had nothing but best wishes and never mentioned the contract and no one ever contacted me at a later date to chase me down for the money...

Who knows ? Maybe they just liked me though ? :D

How long were you there before you left?

h25b said:
I left in 1999 after having signed the thing the first day of initial.. I called the D.O. to put in my notice fully expecting to honor my side of the deal by paying up. He had nothing but best wishes and never mentioned the contract and no one ever contacted me at a later date to chase me down for the money...

Who knows ? Maybe they just liked me though ? :D

Good luck I heard that Delta is going to cut alot of your flying in Dec. because all cut backs are coming from you and Comair. That is what I heard so who knows. BS maybe....

Not total BS:
We lose 20 percent of our 135 flying and 30 percent of the 145 flying starting December. (Block hours, supposedly no aircraft reductions). Who knows.....

Latest resources

Back