• Watchers 50

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skychief said:
yes I know that no one was furloughed as a result of XJT doing the old CAL routes, but that still doesn't mean that it was right.....if you re-read my post, I think you will see that I was trying say that we will all be cut by the whipsaw at some point in our careers, so gloating about how you will be upgrading at someone elses expense is just plain silly....what goes around comes around.

Skychief

No. what I said was very literal in meaning. I, with every definition of sincerety, hope they (CHQ), and others alike, keep under cutting other carriers. CHQ is in a great position. By NOT having a contract that has hamstrung the company to wages that the industry cannot support (unlike most all other carriers), they can easily under bid, sustain growth and rise to greater levels of profitabilty by offering the same product. Want more flying, more pay? Supply a better, higher quality product... or do it cheaper. Simple as that!

this is the dumbest thread i have ever read. this is like the mainline guys getting pi$$ed at us for taking 'their' flying. i'm sure this flying was not awarded to the lowest bidder otherwise mesa would have gotten it....come on, we all know that! you wanna be upset with someone be upset at CAL not CHQ or XJT management. CAL was the one that put the flying up for bid in the first place. the guys at XJT would have been unhappy with AirWis, ASA, Skywest, Mesa, Horizon, Colgan, CommuteAir or anyone else that would have gotten the flying. yes, it is unfortuante that XJT lost the flying and maybe potentially furloughing pilots and anyone that's happy about that is definitely a D-bag. but don't be upset with the pilot group. that's just as dumb as being upset with the flight attendents. denying the jumpseat?? come on, what are we here, little babies?

as a recent new hire at republic airways and a furloughee from mesaba i'd be very disappointed if i have chosen to work with people that are excited about the misfortune of fellow pilots. i hope we can all look past the petty differences between pilots and extend our professional curtesy and class to all that deserve it. i'd never deny the jumpseat to a pilot no matter who he/she works for. come on guys we all want the same thing....a job, decent pay, and an eventual seat with a major. grow up!

Its not about being underbid. None of us know what the actual bid came out to be. From what i understand, XJETs bid was lower than CHQ but CAL said no thanks. It didnt matter to CAL what our bid was they just want to bring someone else in to make us fight back and forth. There is only one way to stop this crap and it is to start working together to join as a solid labor group under one contract as Regional Pilots. That is the only way to stop the bs of playing ourselves against each other. Until then it will continue and keep wages low.

Superpilot92 said:
Its not about being underbid. None of us know what the actual bid came out to be. From what i understand, XJETs bid was lower than CHQ but CAL said no thanks. It didnt matter to CAL what our bid was they just want to bring someone else in to make us fight back and forth. There is only one way to stop this crap and it is to start working together to join as a solid labor group under one contract as Regional Pilots. That is the only way to stop the bs of playing ourselves against each other. Until then it will continue and keep wages low.

Maybe as of present, thats all they think you work is worth.

Flyin4Free said:
i'd be very disappointed if i have chosen to work with people that are excited about the misfortune of fellow pilots. i hope we can all look past the petty differences between pilots and extend our professional curtesy and class to all that deserve it.

I'm with you . . .

. . . unfortunately I don't think most people are like that -- I was leaving the employee parking lot the other day and one of our own pilots zoomed past me 'cause I must be going so slow - and then swerved in front of me so that we could both sit at the next red light for like 2 minutes behind each other.

Point being, the average pilot will steal from anybody to get anything, right?

Superpilot92 said:

Maybe as of present, thats all they think your work is worth.

I hope we park all 69 in EWR and IAH while CHQ and CAL search for airplanes. Who cares if they dont fly, just park them.

Apache 5 said:
I hope we park all 69 in EWR and IAH while CHQ and CAL search for airplanes. Who cares if they dont fly, just park them.

Man, that's genius!!! With Embraer not producing any, I'll bet we'd have a hard time getting in line for them....especially since we're such bad customers...

777_Jackpot said:
No. what I said was very literal in meaning. I, with every definition of sincerety, hope they (CHQ), and others alike, keep under cutting other carriers. CHQ is in a great position. By NOT having a contract that has hamstrung the company to wages that the industry cannot support (unlike most all other carriers), they can easily under bid, sustain growth and rise to greater levels of profitabilty by offering the same product. Want more flying, more pay? Supply a better, higher quality product... or do it cheaper. Simple as that!

I really don't know how to respond to this...I'm not being nasty, I just don't know how to respond....are you saying that you hope the uncertainty that lies with all carriers in this industry continues? I think it is safe to say that at some point in time, CHQ will be on the short end of the stick....who will be taking the flying then....Mesa? TSA? ASA? Skywest? XJT? This is a horrible reality in our industry and I really don't see any end to it. Lets face it, the larger / bigger CHQ gets, the higher their cost will likely be...the employees get a bit more leverage and demand higher wages and poof, before you know it, someone else who has taken paycuts or settled for a lesser contract to keep flying that was theirs now takes some CHQ flying because they can do it cheaper....it is a viscious cycle and it is not good for any of us. Please don't get defensive about this issue...I am not pointing the finger at CHQ....this is just the reality of the world in which we work. As I've stated before, this all could have been avoided with brand scope, but that ship has long since sailed!

Also, I'm not sure I agree with your argument that the reason XJT lost the flying is because our cost are higher.....I have no hard information, but I do feel CAL would have chosen to withdrawl those 69 airplanes even if XJT was the lowest bidder (only CAL knows who that was). The reason for this is just plain good business on CAL's part....don't put all of your eggs in one basket!

Again, I'm not trying to throw rocks at CHQ or anyone else...just trying to have a good discussion.

Skychief

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/expressjet-2005030455.htm

EMB Skillz said:
Flying 69 aircraft as the new COEX will be outstanding! I love this company. Here come the upgrades!

-EMB SKILLZ

Soon to be EMB CAPT SKILLZ

What comes around goes around.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back