Chautauqua to purchase Comair....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASH

:eek: No press release yet, but an inside source here says it will be announced once the DAL TA is ratified, and settled. Not trying to stir up sore spots, and not flamebait. Source is reliable. I'm not saying I do, or do not support this acquisition, just letting folks know what has been said by some people in the know.

Feel free to discuss, again, not flaming.

ASH said:
:eek: No press release yet, but an inside source here says it will be announced once the DAL TA is ratified, and settled. Not trying to stir up sore spots, and not flamebait. Source is reliable. I'm not saying I do, or do not support this acquisition, just letting folks know what has been said by some people in the know.

Feel free to discuss, again, not flaming.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I still think it farily unlikely at this time (still in bankruptcy and no FA deal yet).

I just got a call. I was going to post this, but somebody beat me to it. This is true. Believe what you want to believe the deal is done. Going to be an interesting summer. I heard Republic holdings, but I guess it's the same thing, right?

Details coming in. All CRJ's will stay on the comair certificate, they are going to acquire CRJ's parked in the desert and do Continental feed out of IAH. Also, a major guarentee on future Delta flying........If Delta survives. I didn't find out anything about flight attendants, but Republic didn't seem to be worried with that. I heard the number was over 400 million, with a 16 year connection guarentee and 60, 70 seat jets. Republic would get the 400 million plus number and get options on up to 14 percent of the restructured delta's stock.

This may be a good thing for Comair, but one has to wonder about seniority integration and the fact that republic already has like 3 certificates. I wonder how they can predicate this whole deal w/o knowing how they are going to integrate the workgroups.

Also, I heard something about chautaqua not wanting to assume the ground handling of comair's operation. From what I understand the purchase only included only the flight operations portion of comair. I guess Comair ground personell will become another DGS or get integrated into delta. I guess we'll get the details in mid june.

I heard Butrell is out of the picture as of Wednesday.

Last edited:
Ha! Rumors are flying all over the place this week.

Rumor in CVG last night that Fred will resign at the 0930 meeting today, and we were purchased by Skywest. Gonna be interesting!​

Latest resources

Back