Chautauqua Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EVERYONE MAKE A STAND NOW!

This little microcosm is directly affecting only the Wexair pilots, but it is a cancer that if not excised will metastasize and spread. The process has already begun. It started with Mesa, now us- who is going to be next?

Help us kill it NOW or it will come after YOU next.

Just food for thought.

I used to be at CHQ, back when Bedford first came to the company. The first thing he did was try and get us to sign a contract extension by dangling the RJ's in our faces.

Thank God we voted NO...

Sounds like Bedford needs to learn a new tactic... He's been playing that card forever.

Re: EVERYONE MAKE A STAND NOW!

Brother Francis said:
This little microcosm is directly affecting only the Wexair pilots, but it is a cancer that if not excised will metastasize and spread. The process has already begun. It started with Mesa, now us- who is going to be next?

Help us kill it NOW or it will come after YOU next.

Preach on Brother! You are 110% correct. The question is what can those of us at other airlines do to help. We have to do something because if you fall we will fall next.

FDXFO, I dont time my principles to the current climate of the industry. I have always been one to try to do what is right even if it means personal loss for me. I try to look at the big picture not the quick fix because the latter is a myth the fixes nothing in fact I believe in most cases it allows the original problem to only get worse. Integrity is a rare comodity these days. I am proud that most of the pilots at Chautauqua are of strong character and willing to put it out on the line for what is right.

Mckpickle: Thank you for your support brother.

If you and I work for a common code-share partner...we're in luck!

If not....then just spread the word of our fight and solicit help from those that do have ties to us.

Together, we can make a stand and fight for our industry. Lets stand for everyone that has or will fall if this nonsense continues. Understanding,Communication, Unity and persausion are key.

If your up to the challange, please PM me and we'll talk.

Av8tor_x

If SA takes the cuts, Bedford will just go back to the CHQ pilots and tell us to take the cut or all the new growth will go to SA. So CHQ takes the cut and SA still closes without ever seeing an RJ. Everyone losses and mgmt gets big bonuses for thier award winning management style.

Good point but I feel that this issue would be addressed if We
Had "One List". Call Campo, Felice or Maloney-I'm sure they could give you a run down of what our options are.

Your statment about "we'll all lose" is unwarranted. These feelings you have are from the scare tactics that WH/BB have planted in the minds of many...don't give in.

PM me and we can talk some more.

If you are CHQ or SA, we must take an immediate stand, PM me!

av8tor_x

It sounds like most of you guys at CHQ are an outstanding bunch. Keep it on.

Last edited:
I have jumpseated on many a mainline flights. I have come to notice one very obvious item. That is: I do something VERY SIMILAR to those guys, we make the same mistakes, we do the same checklists, we both act with the same professionalism and to the same exacting standards. HOWEVER, I MAKE A FRACTION OF WHAT THEY DO!!!!!! I make about 20,000 a year to fly 50 people at a time around the country. The other day I flew 4 legs with 50 pax each. Ask the friends and relatives of those 200 folks how much they would pay to have these loved ones around for a few more days. Their saftey was in my hands, yet, I cannot pay my phone bill due to the arrogance, greed, and dishonesty of a few in a position of power. It is time to stand up for what we believe in, and be counted as the ones who made life better for not only us, but those who come after us. Comair started the battle, we will take the next step. UNITY!

CHQ pilots will not be taken advantage of.

By the way, if you are a CHQ pilot, you MUST SEE THE FOLLOWING WEB SITE!!!!!!!!!

www.ibt747.org.com

Latest resources

Back