Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Traumahawk said:
FOUR extra sim sessions!?

Not in my class...we DID have FOUR people go home after they each got one extra. I know at least one didn't deserve to be short changed, but it rolled that way.

With all of the upgrades going on, and recrnt etc...the sim availablility doesn't really call for anyone to walk in here thinking they are going to get 2-3-4 extra sessions.

Happy FOURth folks :)

They shouldn't be walking in thinking that for sure. But, If they needed it, they'll get it. FSI said that our company is really good about making sure the pilots get the training they need to pass. Now, I've heard it's 100% different on the E145/135

know of 2 people who didn't get/got 1 extra and that was it, c'ya later, do not pass Go do not collect $200

You know how it is, flyguy, it's usually all about "attitude" in these situations. People with a good attitude that just need a little polishing will get it, and the guy/gal with a bad/diva attitude might get fired after ONE extra session. That seems to be the way at most places.

Now FOUR extra sessions for a newhire is eyebrow-raising at best... I'd think after two or three they'd just let you go.

This is not specific to Chautauqua, mind you, just in general.

vclean said:
A lot of CRJ time with 420 hours? MicroSoft Flight Simulator perhaps? If you actually have a lot of CRJ time, why would you worry about an oral? Especially since Chautauqua doesn't have CRJs.

420....probably playing around with the 4:20/get stoned thing.

Four extra sessions? Most training programs are 8 or 9. A 50% increase would be highly unlikely. Sim time isn't cheap.

vclean said:
A lot of CRJ time with 420 hours?

Not knowing anything about this individual... Keep in mind that not everyone keeps their "total time" updated on their profile...

True. However, a captain wouldn't worry about an 'oral' at an airline that doesn't have the a/c they have a lot of time in since Sept 2003.

Benefit of doubt vs. internet anonymity

Oh well, back to "The Twilight Zone" on SciFi

Darned hotel, no SciFi channel....!!!

:mad:

Just curious...where is training for the 170? I read somewhere that Montreal was the place?

With CHQ picking up the MidAtlantic flying for the 170, does this mean that 170 flying for United is going away?

Thanks for the time...

davidhigbie said:
Just curious...where is training for the 170? I read somewhere that Montreal was the place?

With CHQ picking up the MidAtlantic flying for the 170, does this mean that 170 flying for United is going away?

Thanks for the time...

No. The United flying is not going anywhere. As a matter of fact we just purchased an additional 5 E170 to fly for United last week. We should take delivery of those over the next 60 days. The Delta birds are slowing rolling in as well, I think we have 3 of them now sitting in CMH or IND. The other 13 are still in Brazil awaiting pickup.
The only phase of training in Montreal is the SIM. Some people go to CLT and most go to Montreal. The Mid-Atlantic sim (CLT) will be coming to STL FSI and should up running by the end of Sept. FSI is also putting a E170 sim in Jamlando. I think they're shooting for Dec for that one.

Latest resources

Back