Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK.....

posted by ERJpusher:
ASAs contract is worded almost verbatim to ours on reduction of work force. And as far as yours, Maddog, I couldn't even find any reference to it in Skywest's contract. Are you sure you're protected? It might be a moot point for you since you have a respectible management team, but you never know...

Dude we don't even have a real contract. None of us are safe.

posted by Tedstriker:
This issue is hilarious. Maddog, I just read another post of yours about jumpseating that was very Mesa-friendly. Arent they the enemy too? My question is how did CHQ get to be the biggest problem in the industry?

Was that my post in reply to the friendly gesture by China?
We have to keep things civil in the jumpseat I don't care who you work for. We all use this benefit. (freedom is excluded from this statement of course)

Yes Mesa IS the "enemy". But No MORE than CHQ. You guys (I'm mainly talking management) are in the same cesspool.

posted by Tedstriker:
Our work rules are 10 times better than a lot of these companies.

Fine. This thread was about CHQ and ASA. I said hold out for ASA

posted by sf340flyer:
Chq wasn't the only airline to fire pilots. AA also fired all new hires still in training. It took almost a week for the Union to resolve that issue. Our Union took longer to resolve the issue. I'll tell your friends the same thing I tell the rehires that I fly with, If you hate CHQ so much go somewhere else.

So did United, BUT they weren't company pilots yet. They were NEWHIRES in training. As far as I know CHQ was the only company to FIRE pilots, line pilots, pilots who had been flying for the company for a while.

For the record I have NEVER made a Mesa friendly post. I have made a few "friendly" posts to individual Mesa Pilots. I have a problem with the MANAGEMENT tactics of a few airlines (SkyWest at times) I rarely will flame a pilot GROUP, but if you search my posts I'm sure you will find a few times where I have. Oh well.
Every pilot group has made stupid decisions at times, but management makes them on a daily basis.

Now I'm not making sense to myself.

Does CHQ have pass privileges on Delta, or anyone else for that matter? Just curious, I don't know.

Yes they do. Everybody in the company has privileges on America West as well.

American and US Airways gets a little more complicated. All office people get both AA and US privleges. Flight Crews only get the privleges if they fly for that specific airline.

An example is a CHQ pilot that flies for US Airways get to fly on US, DL and HP. A pilot that flies for AA gets AA, DL and HP. A pilot that flies for DL or HP only gets those two.

This makes sense right?

Yeah, the ruling is out and Eagle lost. *shrug* I feel bad for them, but am I surprised? Management has been dancing circles around Eagle for years. Very sad.

As for CHQ vs. ASA, the only thing ASA has that CHQ doesn't (that's worth having), IMHO, is a Dallas base. CHQ is a great airline. Management isn't *all* that bad, but the great people I get to work with more than compensate for lower pay or shrewd signal-calling from the ivory tower.

We are going to grow, and grow fast. ASA isn't. If you are wanting to improve your quality of life quickly, this is the place to be.

CHQ isn't perfect--nobody is--but we take pride in what we do. We try *very* hard, EVERY DAY, to be on-time, safe, and fun for our pax. We take care of each other and work hard. It's a very positive culture.

As far as pay goes, where would you rather be a junior F/O right now, SWA or United?

Money ain't everything dooood.

Skull-one,

Just wait Chautauqua will have a base in DFW before you know it. According to people I've talked to in management, your (Chautauqua) flying will expand in DFW soon after Delta takes over the America West flying in CMH. Your completetion and on time looks very competitive in the Deltanet computers. The only connections doing better is Eagle and Skywest. You guys must be doing something right.

Gawd I hope so. I'll never have the seniority to hold it, but I sure would love to be able move back to San Antonio and commute to DFW vs. STL!

Ah...to dream...

Thanks for the kind words. We try hard. We really do.

void said:
Yes they do. Everybody in the company has privileges on America West as well.

American and US Airways gets a little more complicated. All office people get both AA and US privleges. Flight Crews only get the privleges if they fly for that specific airline.

An example is a CHQ pilot that flies for US Airways get to fly on US, DL and HP. A pilot that flies for AA gets AA, DL and HP. A pilot that flies for DL or HP only gets those two.

This makes sense right?

Hmm...interesting. I guess its better to be flying the AA stuff. How ridiculous and what a pain that must be to have the company deal with. What about jumpseat priv's on the mainline carriers?

Saw a CHQ E145 in SDF not long ago...looks very nice in the Delta colors.

LAPD Airship said:
Hmm...interesting. I guess its better to be flying the AA stuff.

Why is that? From my experience trying to travel on AA is a pain in the &@#. I personally love the Airways benefits and wouldn't trade 'em for anything.

Latest resources

Back