Chautauqua "Delta Connection" ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

robbo

Chautauqua to take over Comairs operations out of Orlando. Delta said that the smaller ERJ is better suited for the market. They softend the blow to Comair by announcing plans to expand Comair into higher yeild markets. There have been numerous rumors about a new base in Dallas for Comair but this is the first time it has been announced by management. Dllas some time in 2003.

what blow to comair? Comair is getting rid of emb-120's and not replacing them. Its been planned for a while that MCO would close. Bear in mind that Comair is the fastest growing regional right now. 26 new jets this year? not bad.
Comair is flying out of MCO, DFW, CVG, and ATL, not to mention an ORD-JFK and JFK-PHL. Slowly but surely the point to point value of the RJ is being learned.

Comair and Dalles

Where did you find this information about the new base in Dallas sometime in 2003? Also, will people want to be based there or will it go junior?

It was the words from Fred Buttrel himself, President of Delta Connection, INC.

Dallas Base and 78 new RJ's by the end of 2004.

How long?

Does anyone know how long the Chautauqua contract is for? It may be just temporary until Comair gets the a/c and pilots, and after the ASA negotiations are over.

It is a 10 year contract, just like ACJet.
Comair will never fly Orlando again, Comair's growth is west and through SLC, Delta is not waiting for Comair to man up some planes to take back over in MCO.

Comair will fly from CVG to 5 or 6 cities in FL as it is now form CVG.

the answer is the ERJ is cheaper to operate in that market.
(E-135)

Doesn't make sense. They claim the ERJ 37 seaters are better suited for the job than our 40 seaters. They say they are cheaper to operate. Okay, I'll buy that, but then, why did Comair buy the 40 seaters?

any whipsaw worries?

Just a question from a pilot who is in the middle of whipsawing..

Is anyone worried that Delta Mgt. will start whipsawing Delta, ASA, COMAIR, SkyWest contracts. To me.. the more hub sharing and route overlapping that occurs is a set up to reduce problems that may occur during contract negotiations.. Especially when you got CHQ ACA "Delta Contract Connectors." Is there any worries of this? Any talk of one seniority list while the grass is green instead of screaming for it when you get into Section 6?

Yall have great companies.. please learn from the USAir / Express situation and preserve yourselves!

Re: any whipsaw worries?

canadflyau said:
Just a question from a pilot who is in the middle of whipsawing..

Is anyone worried that Delta Mgt. will start whipsawing Delta, ASA, COMAIR, SkyWest contracts. To me.. the more hub sharing and route overlapping that occurs is a set up to reduce problems that may occur during contract negotiations.. Especially when you got CHQ ACA "Delta Contract Connectors." Is there any worries of this? Any talk of one seniority list while the grass is green instead of screaming for it when you get into Section 6?

Yall have great companies.. please learn from the USAir / Express situation and preserve yourselves!

I agree with our Canuk..

They should be very afraid of the whip-sawing, because it will happen. It's in management's interest to do so. Also, all this "who cares about MCO.. we're expanding west".. I sure as hell would care about orlando. Why didn't Comair get the embraers or use the 40 seaters? Sugar coat it however you want, but you've lost potential flying.

Patriot...
part of the saw....

The 40 seaters here at Comair IMO would not have any financial benifit over the 50 seater in florida market. They have the same payscale and vertualy no performance difference. Comair was theatening to buy another type, and to stay competitive, Bombardier cut Comair a deal on the 40 seaters (I heard a break of 7 million). Management has stated that the rest of our deliveries will be 70 and 50 seaters. Who knows if that had anything to do with CHQ.

Latest resources

Back