Chataqua flight ops question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
Do your manuals allow you to take off during microburst alerts for your takeoff runway..specifically 35kt loss on said runway? Everybody else (Eagle, American, and us) could not. Seemed a bit odd to me.

Hey everybody look it's another one AWAC guy that knows it all. You are probably that same 46 dude that gave me sh!t about taking your job the other day, then gave me sh!t about needing the jumpseat to get home. Remember me? I am the guy that took you home last night without asking a question. Man the look on your face was classic, you thought I would deny you the seat......sorry man I not that cool. I am sure not all of you guys are as bad, but some of you AWAC'ers are a real class act.

Well, you know how it is, I got hired here with 500 hours because the almighty AWAC and Comair wouldn't hire me, so now that I'm a captain I fly into as much crap as possible to bring my "experience" up. Plus, every trip through a TSRA is another .2 IMC! (Tongue planted firmly in cheek:))

They teach windshear training in the sim right? Train like you fly, fly like you train. Chances are airpot food is more likely to kill you than a microburst. I hope the crew made their dead head home.

Latest resources

Back