• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chartering a flight and accepting tips?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another great money maker at the airport....

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and spend $5 on a 20-foot rope. Then inbetween flights, walk through the parking lot and string together about 20 or 30 of those SmarteCarts. At a quarter a pop, you'll be raking in the dough in no time.

Is it feasible for a pilot to pick up a chartered flight in open time and then accept a tip? For instance, if the University of Southern California chartered a flight, they would undoubtedly want to tip the pilot because they pay everyone, including college football recruits. I was wondering if accepting a tip is bad practice?

Did it all the time. What's the problem

Where is USCTrojan?

He is carefully planning his retaliation. Wait for it.....wait for it. He is going to be on here with a can of whoop arse, and I am pulling for him

USC, I actually cant wait for the reply....but please keep it within bounds...I don't want to delete anything.

LH :)

Yeah...tips aren't that common anymore, and especially not from groups like that. Tips come from groups of guys in vegas and not from educational institutions.

Good luck, the best advise is what Airboss said. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.

You're going to get USCtrojan all worked up now.

LOL, USCTrojan? That guy is a joke. He doesn't know what he's talking about, and he uses a language that I haven't been familiar with since 4th grade lunch period. Plus, he's not even a true fan, he just jumped on the bandwagon like every other USC fan and their mother after they won their one BCS title.

Oh why.....for the love of god did you have to go there. My workload for the weekend will surly go through the roof.... :D

wait for it...wait for it...

When offered a tip just say "thank you". That's it. No big deal.

When offered a tip just say "thank you". That's it. No big deal.

Yes, but sometimes there are rules you have to abide by. For instance, USC's Pete Carroll paid off, apporximately 80%, if not more, of his recruits and will soon find out that the Reggie Bush story is only the tip of the iceberg. If I were flying the USC offensive backfield around, and Steve Sarkasian offered me about $500, and the FAA found out, I would not want to lose my privilege of flying. That is all. Sorry for wanting to be safe, especially when there are so many who are unethical !

Latest resources

Back