Charter Minimums?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Geigo

I've been visiting some charter operations trying to get on and I'm being told that since 9/11 the insurance minimums to fly a 310 or Baron for charter have gone to 500hrs multi! Anybody else run into anything similar or is it just an easier way to say no thanks?

I flew a baron this past summer and the minimums were 500 multi back then. I wouldn't be shocked to see them increase in the near future with everything going on right now.

Could there be different levels? I know of a couple places that are putting people in barons not too long after school with 100 hrs multi or less, one person was much less. I know they don't pay their pilots squat. Are they making the difference in insurance premiums?

I dount you'll find many operators out there allowing only 100 hours of multi in a Baron, its a very high performance piston twin. I know Airnet wuld, but they have a very standardized tarining program and can spread out the insurance cost. I do know that the insurance comapny we used wouldn't insure the Baron for anyone with under 500 multi no matter the cost. I can't say I blame them, they got burned by quite a few accidents.

Latest resources

Back