Charter job in northern michigan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Straightwing69

My buddy lives in the northern michigan area around pelston and wants to fly part 135. I am trying to explain to him with his time he is better off flying RJ's or a 1900 than wasting his time in a baron....

What do you guys think?????

My buddy lives in the northern michigan area around pelston and wants to fly part 135. I am trying to explain to him with his time he is better off flying RJ's or a 1900 than wasting his time in a baron....

What do you guys think?????

If he's happy flying his Baron around & not commuting or sitting in a crashpad in ORD, DTW, EWR, etc, then who cares? Not everyone wants to work for a regional.

Hi!

If he flies for one of those -135 places around MI, it's a good stepping stone to USA Jet, and then a career job (if u don't want to stay at USA Jet).

I think we've had 6 Air Midwest guys in the last 4 months or so-maybe more to come???

cliff
YIP

Sounds good, Thanks for the info ATPCliff, I knew someone at USAJet and said they had great training....something to keep in mind forsure..

Hi!

The training here isn't great. It is good. I think it is the best for it's industry segment. It is not as good as NWA or the Air Force, for example, but it is good, especially the Falcon training.

I think the total flying experience at USA Jet: initial training, online flying, upgrade training, the wide variety of the pilots' backgrounds that you fly with, are, overall, excellent, and prepares you well for a great job. If you live in or near DTW, it is also a possible career airline, depending on what you're looking for.

We just had another age 60 guy able to stay and fly the Falcon until he wishes to retire-another interesting feature of USA Jet (we also upgraded a guy to captain who is close to 60).

Good luck to you!

cliff
yip

He could also look into North Country, they fly out of Gaylord, 310's, 421's and a King Air. They where trying to recruit me last time I was up there, but I make quite abit more flying freight. If he doesn't want to move it may be a place to check out.

Latest resources

Back