Charter flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CX880

What kind of schedules do you have as a charter pilot. I'm talking about a CJ1 or a Gulfstream 3/4 type of operation. Do pilots make charters a career are they just stepping stones?

You are able of making charter flying a career if you are willing to be on call. A lot of companies have schedules where you are on for a week or two and off a week. But when you are on you have to be available for any flight and your trip might change.

No schedule. Sit and wait. Then hurry up and wait. Then wait some more. Most of the time its cool, but there are a handful of times when the no schedule thing hits a nerve. I'll be doing this until I can find something better when things turn around.......

No schedule. Sit and wait. Then hurry up and wait. Then wait some more. Most of the time its cool, but there are a handful of times when the no schedule thing hits a nerve. I'll be doing this until I can find something better when things turn around.......

Exactly what he said...

If you find a Charter Operation with a schedule that sticks to it..... stay there.

I fly for a AC management/Charter company and it the easiest job I have ever had..2 weeks on call, 1 week off.. I fly great equipment,I don't have to commute, I don't have a crash pad or share a room with 5 others at a a hotel..Im home 250 -300 nights a year. Most trips are two legs with a occasional RON...It doesn't get much easier..

This question is like asking, "how much does a car cost?"

I fly for a AC management/Charter company and it the easiest job I have ever had..2 weeks on call, 1 week off.. I fly great equipment,I don't have to commute, I don't have a crash pad or share a room with 5 others at a a hotel..Im home 250 -300 nights a year. Most trips are two legs with a occasional RON...It doesn't get much easier..

Sounds good. Mind sharing what aircraft you fly? I'm still acquiring my ratings but this is possibly the kind of work I want to do. What kind of experience do you usually need to find a job that you are home most nights and you get paid let's say around $70,000? I don't need to fly a jet to be happy.

What kind of schedules do you have as a charter pilot. I'm talking about a CJ1 or a Gulfstream 3/4 type of operation. Do pilots make charters a career are they just stepping stones?

charter for a career....do you have a family? kids? life outside of work? those are the real questions...if you answer yes to any, a career with a "normal" on call charter company would be a long 30 years UNLESS you find that 2 week on call 1 week off 200-300 nights in your own bed charter job X-WIND talks about.

Sounds good. Mind sharing what aircraft you fly? I'm still acquiring my ratings but this is possibly the kind of work I want to do. What kind of experience do you usually need to find a job that you are home most nights and you get paid let's say around $70,000? I don't need to fly a jet to be happy.

this is "the kind of work" most pilots want...few and far between buddy good luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back