• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

chaparral jet center in lubbock

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lawsuits I heard about (was actually going to be called to testify in one, since I had been a passenger on a flight in question) did involve training contracts. However, the pilots countersued for unsafe work environments/Osha violations I believe, and Chaparral's lawsuit were thrown out in court in at least one of the lawsuits. I don't think they pursued any others after that, I think they didn't want their history coming out in court, but I am not sure.

I bet you could check court records in LBB to find out more. I would think it would be public record.

edited to add last two sentences.

TxPilot0878 said:
Wallis(ice), as some of his former pilots had showed up less than sober and had been fired and held to thier training contracts.

I'm not totally sure about this, but I heard some kind of rumor about something like this in Lubbock. I heard itwas a pilot at Lubbock Aero though, and he hit a pedestrian while drunk. I don't think he was sued by the employer though...I could be wrong though.

I worked there for 4 years in the mid 90's. Actually, Ameristar was on our certificate rather than the other way around. It was a pager lifestyle but, I was never asked to do anything unsafe, illegal, etc. I was always treated well and felt the aircraft were in descent shape. About people being sued, remember that there are always two sides to a story. I stayed till my contract was up. The business there has changed since my time. We we're mostly EMS (70%) at the time. The good part was that there were very few RON's. The bad part was that people never get sick during the day. If you work hard, and pull your wieght, you'll be treated fairly.

Latest resources

Back