Changes in 135 Duty Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

I heard that the FAA has proposed changing the 135 duty times. Can anyone confirm this, and if so what are they planning on changing it too. When do you think these changes might get made?

Way2Broke said:
I heard that the FAA has proposed changing the 135 duty times. Can anyone confirm this, and if so what are they planning on changing it too. When do you think these changes might get made?

ive heard that also...i understand we wont be on call 24hr a day!!! i also heard they will be giving credit for partial rest. who the hell knows if/when that will happen..........

NPRM is suppose to out this fall for comment. One of the options being reported is to allow companies to draft their own specific crew rest policies. If the new 135 are too restrictive, we will just go to 121 supplemental crew rest, the most brutal of all with it’s unlimited duty breaks.

Hi!

If the NPRM goes out this fall, what is the normal timeframe for it to be finally adopted as regulation?

Thanx!

cliff
YIP

Normally 1-2 years depending upon the comment period.

pilotyip, i'm only guessing here but your avatar. was that at KYIP? i heard WWII bombers were built there. I'm sure you now the history. PM me if you like so to avoid a hijack

A B-24 every hour

Yep! KYIP is where Ford Motor Company built 8700 B-24's on an automotive style assembly line. The picture is the ramp from the old tower in the summer of 1944 with a part of a day's production, at that time they were building a B-24 every hour. My dad was working there at the time.

Last edited:
Way2Broke said:

NPRM = Notice Proposed Rule Making...or something like that...not that it is really going to matter.

Mgmt and the FAA will continue to allow duty/flight/rest time rules be pushed or re-defined until they start having more accidents.

Or until the NTSB actually starts labeling these accidents as Human Performance Rest/Duty time issues.

Don't hold your breath.....

Hi!

NPRM=Notice of Proposed Rule Making

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back