Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"changes immediately" in pilot screening!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

WASHINGTON – The Transportation Security Administration has agreed to allow airline pilots to skip security scanning and pat-downs, pilot organizations said Friday. Pilots traveling in uniform on airline business will be allowed to pass security by presenting two photo IDs, one from their company and one from the government, to be checked against a secure flight crew database, officials at the pilot groups said.

"This looks good. It's basically what we've been after for 10 ots Association at American Airlines, the union that raised objections to the new screening process about two weeks ago. "Pilots are not the threat here; we're the target."

TSA said in a news release Friday that pilots would begin seeing changes immediately in security screening, but did not specify what they would be.
The Coalition for Airline Pilot Associations, a trade organization for pilot unions, also described the new program.

It is an expansion of a program tested at three airports, the organizations said. The decision comes amid recent outrage over invasive pat-downs and full body imaging machines used for screening at airports.

Last edited:
I think we owe the Express Jet pilot and the UsAir pilot who caused such a stink and brought this to national attention a big thank you for finally getting this done. It took their actions to finally get the pilot unions heavily involved.

That and the thousand of pilots that wrote, called, complained to their CP's, and unions. I hope we can all walk a little taller knowing that a small piece of dignity was finally given back to this beaten down profession.

That and the thousand of pilots that wrote, called, complained to their CP's, and unions. I hope we can all walk a little taller knowing that a small piece of dignity was finally given back to this beaten down profession.
Yes! ..............

I've used CrewPASS in BWI and PIT a bunch of times (100+ if I had to guess) and as long as you're in uniform with the required ID's they don't ask any questions at all. Maybe you're on company business maybe you're not...they'd never know.

yea is jump seating in uniform the same as airline business?

Latest resources

Back