Champion to Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL,
You're the one who brought up size; I didn't.
Maybe you're the one with Napoleon Complex. :rolleyes:

I do agree with you that whichever aircraft has the best QOL and highest pay would be the best aircraft for me.

I'm simply saying that if a pilot gets checked out in a different aircraft after flying the 727, the majority of pilots I've talked to wish they were still on the ole triholer.

Last week, my neighbor (who happens to be a rj first officer for one of the commuters) was over visiting. I chuckled to myself when he asked me if I ever get tired of having to mathematically figure when to start my descent from cruise.

I hope his vnav never fails :laugh:

Last edited:
PCL,
You're the one who brought up size; I didn't.
Maybe you're the one with Napoleon Complex. :rolleyes:

I do agree with you that whichever aircraft has the best QOL and highest pay would be the best aircraft for me.

I'm simply saying that if a pilot gets checked out in a different aircraft after flying the 727, the majority of pilots I've talked to wish they were still on the ole triholer.

Last week, my neighbor (who happens to be a rj first officer for one of the commuters) was over visiting. I chuckled to myself when he asked me if I ever get tired of having to mathematically figure when to start my descent from cruise.

I hope his vnav never fails :laugh:

Wow, 3 to 1. That's some heavy math. LOL. Hope you guys can handle it ;)

Funny how some of the commuter pilots who have only flown glass are hired into the B-727 have had the hardest time adjusting to steam gauges. Some of them need additional sim training or additional IOE because they've never had to compute a descent or figure out a holding pattern entry without the aid of a computer drawing it out for them in their glass cockpit.

I agree with you, Safejet, it's not that hard but you'll be amazed at the number of people that seem to have trouble doing it.

Even some of the new Cessna's have glass. WTF. I guess I'll need 10 hours of training and a type rating to go rent a new 172 down at my local flight school. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you live in base, Champion has the best QOL

I know a few Champion guys and they all think it sucks. Seasonal hireing/upgrades and furloughing/displacements would get pretty old after awhile.

Flew with a couple of guys that came back to XJ from Champion and neither one had a single good thing to say about that place except the crews they flew with were cool. Company...not so much

Flew with a couple of guys that came back to XJ from Champion and neither one had a single good thing to say about that place except the crews they flew with were cool. Company...not so much

What else is new in this biz?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back