• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MSP, DFW, STL, DTW bases. Hiring 40-50 people into October. Alot of NWA recalls are leaving. Out and backs are 95%. Others are DOD, DOJ, White house press core, 13 NBA teams, MN Twins, WA Nationals. If you live in base the QOL is great. Contract is due in September, and should be very well due to the fact that the company cannot drag its feet cause thats when the NBA starts up. Upgrade right now is 6 months to right seat, and then 4-5 years for CA.

MSP, DFW, STL, DTW bases. Hiring 40-50 people into October. Alot of NWA recalls are leaving. Out and backs are 95%. Others are DOD, DOJ, White house press core, 13 NBA teams, MN Twins, WA Nationals. If you live in base the QOL is great. Contract is due in September, and should be very well due to the fact that the company cannot drag its feet cause thats when the NBA starts up. Upgrade right now is 6 months to right seat, and then 4-5 years for CA.

That depends a lot on which base you have... I don't know where you were during the NBA season, but I live in base and it was not fun at all...

As for the contract, that is all yet to be seen... This management team is a typical Northwest "cronie" team... Things will get very ugly before they get any better... Ask Mesaba and Pinnacle how their contract negotiations went.

You mean a 19.4 % paycut like Mesaba!!!!!!! Red tail MGMT can suck all of it! Champion will not see a paycut, but the new pay rates will be right around where they are now. Just hoping to increase the work rules.

Lee Steele named as CEO of Champion Air

I feel sorry for you guys! This airhead is a real winner.... He was at Aloha and was lucky to make it out alive.. Look at a scab list and you'll find his name. Ex-Eastern.. Good luck with this schmuck....:bawling:

Press Room: Press Releases

Lee Steele named as CEO of Champion Air

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 24, 2007 Champion Air Names Lee Steele President & CEO Bloomington, MN – (May 24) – Champion Air, the largest provider of dedicated aviation charter service in the United States, announced today that Lee P. Steele has been named president and chief executive officer effective June 1st. “Lee has tremendous experience in every aspect of aviation management and operations,” said Champion board member John Conte, who participated in the selection process. “He is an excellent addition to our management team and a proven leader; we’re delighted to welcome him aboard.” “I’m excited to be joining a team of aviation professionals in the air and on the ground who have such a strong record of accomplishment,” said Steele. “I value their commitment to safety and to service and look forward to helping lead Champion to even greater achievements. And, because I worked at one of Champion’s predecessors, this is something of a homecoming for me.” Prior to this engagement, Steele served in numerous executive and managerial roles in the airline industry, including senior vice president of operations for Aloha Airlines, vice president of flight operations for Polar Air Cargo, vice president of flight operations at America West, president and CEO of Carnival Air Lines and vice president of operation for MGM Grand Air, which was a predecessor of Champion Air. Steele also held a number of positions with Eastern Air Lines throughout the 1980s and early 1990s. He has logged approximately 6,000 hours of flight time in both military and commercial capacities and holds a B747-400 type rating. Steele succeeds Steve Spellman who left the company in April. Jake Rosholt, Champion’s chief operating officer, served as interim CEO during the intervening period.

Here is his favorite saying while he was at Aloha, "I'll take a hit for that one".

Lee Steele is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tell him we said DON'T COME BACK!

Steele

Only 6k hours over a career in aviation? Sounds like he was doing more asskissing than flying.

You Guys Are Something Else

Let's face it with Champion reputation only two guys even applied for the job Steele and Frank Lorenzo, Give Champion some credit they almost hired Frank.....

Good Luck with your Contract Fight, be a shame to shut down basketball this year over a Champion Air Strike

Remember your MEC speaks for you

Training: Good

Pay: Sucks. NO pay during tng, company pays for hotel. First year FE 22K

Bases: MSP- Sr and JR, Good trips for Sr, NBA flying during the night for JR folks, DTW-Very JR, Flying Sucks, DFW-Coolest pilots, good sched and F/A's, STL-Jr base, Good Flying.

Mgmt-Sucks, Will nickel and dime OT, Moving expenses etc.. Will fight you on pay until you give in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back