champion air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Could someone tell me a little bit more about champion? I know all about the payscale and # of a/c and pilots, but more about your routes, schedules, and most junior base. Is it better than a regional or worse, and any info on possible aircraft orders for the future.

Thanks

15 B-727-200 A/C. Pilot bases MSP, DTW, LAS, STL. MSP is the most senior base. Upgrades are in the 1-2 year range for FE to FO. Approx pay: FE 35K,
FO 45K, Capt 80K. Schedules are bid monthly. Days off vary between 11-19 days. Reserve is 11-12 days off. Flying includes scheduled charter to LAS,CUN,CZM,PVR,ZIH,MZT,MBJ ect. Sports travel for professional and college teams. DOD flying and VIP charter. I can't say whether it's better or worse than a regional. Quality of life can be good if you live in your base, not so good if you commute. Constant talk about getting A320's someday, maybe in the next couple of years. Hireing this summer.

New Hire Class

Anyone know if there is a new hire class this month? (June) or when one might be starting?

I think they have one starting at the end of this month and then another in mid July and August . They try to have about 10-15 per class. Get your Resume in if you are interested. I think the requirements are 2000TT, 500 MEL, 500 Turbine. I know they have hired with less, it just depends on the individual and Champions needs at the time.

festus said:
Anyone know if there is a new hire class this month? (June) or when one might be starting?

I applied a month ago and just recently sent my 30 page application back that took me 3 hours to fill out.:eek: I sent an email to HR to confirm they did receive my app. She sent a response back the same day saying that I will be receiving a call for a phone interview very soon. She said they are going to be running classes in July and August. Hopefully I get called back to XJ before that so I don't have to spent another 2 months in MSP so I can look at hydraulic guages for 2 years.

SEVEN said:
I applied a month ago and just recently sent my 30 page application back that took me 3 hours to fill out.:eek: I sent an email to HR to confirm they did receive my app. She sent a response back the same day saying that I will be receiving a call for a phone interview very soon. She said they are going to be running classes in July and August. Hopefully I get called back to XJ before that so I don't have to spent another 2 months in MSP so I can look at hydraulic guages for 2 years.

Being that I used to work there I can comment on what a great asset you'll be to the company. I'll get in touch with that HR lady and see if they can get you trained in less than 2 months and see if they can find you something to look at other than hydraulic guages.

IB6 UB9 said:
Being that I used to work there I can comment on what a great asset you'll be to the company. I'll get in touch with that HR lady and see if they can get you trained in less than 2 months and see if they can find you something to look at other than hydraulic guages.
I'm still pretty new with the company, but I really don't they do direct right seat... I'm told that everyone cycles through the panel...

And for an above post.... June class just started on the 8th... Next ones are August and October...(Edit... Now that I look at the dates, you might have more current info on the actual dates of the classes...) And we're hearing 10 per class....

Workin'Stiff said:
I'm still pretty new with the company, but I really don't they do direct right seat... I'm told that everyone cycles through the panel...

And for an above post.... June class just started on the 8th... Next ones are August and October... And we're hearing 10 per class....

My attempt at sarcasm has failed again...unless you fooled me with yours.

Latest resources

Back