Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gatorman

Snot-nosed college boy!!
I have a thrust reverser pig for ground operating the thrust reversers (no engine running)
Built for maintenance, you just hook the fitting in the pylon and fill the tank with 90 psi. Add ground power, arm the T/R and whollah, you have T/R actuation. Great for troubleshooting and especially fine for ops checks after installs.

http://www.shipitaogllc.com/gse/htm...erer%20Mule.JPG

With the right fitting (external start connection) I believe it will even start your engine!!!

GATOR

Gatorman said:
I have a thrust reverser pig for ground operating the thrust reversers (no engine running)
Built for maintenance, you just hook the fitting in the pylon and fill the tank with 90 psi. Add ground power, arm the T/R and whollah, you have T/R actuation. Great for troubleshooting and especially fine for ops checks after installs.

http://www.shipitaogllc.com/gse/htm...erer%20Mule.JPG

With the right fitting (external start connection) I believe it will even start your engine!!!

GATOR

Cool Pig Gatorman....That came out funny.

It doesnt say in the post, but is this something you're selling or lending?

Gatorman--Whaddya want for it? It'll be cool for sneaking around the airport in the middle of the night popping all the Challenger TR's! :D :D :D TC

AA717driver said:
Gatorman--Whaddya want for it? It'll be cool for sneaking around the airport in the middle of the night popping all the Challenger TR's! :D :D :D TC

I never thought of that...?!?

You're so very, very bad....;)

Pig? Did someone say pig? Am I late for my date? Oh yeah, never mind, I'm married.

X

flightinfo.com special

If you'd like to 'borrow' it, it is in the care of www.shipitaogllc.com ask for Karen or Geoge and they will get it to you.

The current 'cost' of the pig is $2,000.00, again you can contact Ship It AOG. But if you mention that you read it here, I will knock off $300.00 for you!

Mark my words, you will wish you had this when you need it the most.
It comes in real handy when you finished with your detailed inspection on the 601 and 604 T/R's and you need to ops check it and the plane is still on jacks because your gear is out for overhaul. Trust me...I know.

BTW, it will work on the CL600 too!
If you are an accomplished CL600 mechanic, you know that you can operate the T/R's using cross over bleed air and the APU. BUT! Most of the CL600's cannot stow the T/R with the APU.
I know, I know...you can also cross over and use the opposite engine to stow it. BUT! You cannot run engines in the hangar...can you?

GATOR

I don't need a pig on wheels. I need a huffer that will fit in the hellhole of a GV for when our very expensive Honeywell APU's crap out in BFE... :mad: TC

P.S.--XTW, I've known you to go after... Well, uh, nevermind. ;)

AA717driver said:
I need a huffer that will fit in the hellhole of a GV

Aren't you off to Bang-cock soon? Maybe time to do a little early X-mas shopping!

X

AA717driver said:
I don't need a pig on wheels. I need a huffer that will fit in the hellhole of a GV for when our very expensive Honeywell APU's crap out in BFE... :mad: TC

Well, I haven't put much thought into it about putting it into a GV hellhole, but I have seen a one shot huffer rig in a Challenger (never saw it used). I am sure it can be done, but I do not have the financial backing to creat an STC to install one on an aircraft. In fact, the tank on this model will probably not handle the altitude changes well. I would have to get deeply involved with the physics of pressurization changes and the structural integerity of the tank. But I am sure you can find someone to help you get it inside the baggage compt.

The on the other hand.....I am not sure it would have the volume to even rotate that big ol engine on a GV, but I'd like to try it some time.

There is just so much information that those training manuals leave out....just how much volume of air does the APU put out and at what pressure?

Latest resources

Back