Challenger school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flybynightly

My company is preparing to take ownership of a challenger 601-3R and I would like to know which school you think offers the best program.

Also, please include your likes and dislikes about the plane as I know very little about it.

Thanks in advance!

I second that! Did my 604 training in Montreal - Staff very professional and knowledgeble!

Did my 601 training at Simuflite Dallas - wasn't impressed at all - we had four groundschool instructors giving four different answers to the same question, most seemed to pretend that they had a lot of hands on time in the 601 and told you some stuff that was plain wrong once I got to the airplane (FMS programming and among others)

Sim instruction was not great either - never did an ADG deployment or alternate gear extension procedure - practiced v1 cuts all the time but not much else.

I did my initial and 2 recurrents in the -3R at FSI Tucson... Great group of people if you get the right instructors. If you go there, make sure that you get Gerry Bayles or Bob Ruskay. I've had both and they are great instructors.

The cockpit of the sim in TUS started out life in the 601 that crashed in Nebraska after a double flame-out in cruise.

You'll love the airplane. It's a big **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**cat to fly.

Latest resources

Back