Challenger 300 Equipment and Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mercury

Need some help from those of you currently operating the CL300. I'm doing some independent research regarding the 300. I have done a search and read the posts regarding performance but I am curious about standard vs. optional equipment. I think that the base price is attractive (19M) but was a little disappointed that the a/c only came standard with 1 of every thing and items like a second FMS, second GPS and HF radio were all addtional options according to the Bombardier website.
So my question is: What the best estimate on how much it would cost to outfit the airplane with dual FMS, GPS, HF Radios, SELCAL, SATCOM??......you know most of the stuff other manufacturers have as standard.

Any info regarding standard and optional euipment as well as the associated costs would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mercury said:
What the best estimate on how much it would cost to outfit the airplane with dual FMS, GPS, HF Radios, SELCAL, SATCOM??......you know most of the stuff other manufacturers have as standard.

Any info regarding standard and optional euipment as well as the associated costs would be great. Thanks in advance.

24 Million. That's for pretty much everything you're asking about, plus the 'standard' options/upgrades for the cabin and cockpit.

It is really going to depend on how you spec it and what your principals are going to want in the back.

Unless you're going to buy a slot, be prepared to wait a while.

-TG

Mercury said:
Thanks TG,
How far out are deliveries running now?

No problem. I'll let you know tomorrow how far out they're running, talking to Bombardier later today.

Take care, fly safe.

-TG

That Guy said:
No problem. I'll let you know tomorrow how far out they're running, talking to Bombardier later today.

Take care, fly safe.

-TG
A couple of months ago I was doing some research for a potential client and found a broker that was selling a JAR ops CL300 for $20M, with a delivery date 4Q 2006. I have the pricing sheet for the optional equipment if you want it.

Nevermind, that one is sold.

The first positions that were sold, right as the world market for aircraft tanked after 9/11, were priced at 16 million USD. Since it was mainly Flexjet, those people who bought shares got a bargain, along with a couple other private operators. I think we got ours at around 18.5 fully equipped, but that position was bought in early '04 I believe.

Mercury said:
Need some help from those of you currently operating the CL300. I'm doing some independent research regarding the 300. I have done a search and read the posts regarding performance but I am curious about standard vs. optional equipment. I think that the base price is attractive (19M) but was a little disappointed that the a/c only came standard with 1 of every thing and items like a second FMS, second GPS and HF radio were all addtional options according to the Bombardier website.
So my question is: What the best estimate on how much it would cost to outfit the airplane with dual FMS, GPS, HF Radios, SELCAL, SATCOM??......you know most of the stuff other manufacturers have as standard.

Hey Mercury, What are you trying to do become typed in ten different aircraft by age 32? Embassy Suites must be losing a fortune on happy hour when you are racking up types at a nearby training center. BTW, Happy Birthday!!

The Thunder

Thanks E.T., I actually have my own accounting code at the Embassy now!

You know me, I've always got something cookin'. Hopefully one of these days we are actually going to pick an airplane instead of just talking about it for two years!

Hey Mercury -

Talked with our contact at Bombardier yesterday, and she said that it is a two year wait from the word 'go'.

Hope this helps, if you need any more information feel free to PM me.

-TG

Latest resources

Back