• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chalks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mallards will not be coming back. Operations in salt water are tough on the toughest airframes. I'm not sure what is happening with the Certificate.

The Mallards will not be coming back. Operations in salt water are tough on the toughest airframes. I'm not sure what is happening with the Certificate.

That's what I've heard too. When they grounded the fleet and inspected them, they found too much corosion in critical areas. Its kind of sad to see them go. I always thought that would be fun, but it seems the most fun flying jobs pay the least and/or are the most dangerous.

How long did Chalks operate the Albatross? All I know is there are/were a set of them in the Desert that said Chalks on them.

i flew from marsh harbor to fll two weekends ago on an island express 402.(woah!) anyway, on the plane was a guy who is some sort of abaco station manager for chalks. he says they will be flying the saab and regional jets from pbi and fll to marsh and treasure cay. he said the flight time on the rj was a mere 22 minutes. there is no doubt that the demand is there. i had a hard time getting any ticket out of there without advance booking. it looks like they are going to give gulfstream a run for their money.

That just ruined my weekend. I was planning on Chalks being my retirement job. Something fun, paying enough money to buy my beer and ensure. No more mallards to the islands is a sad sad thing. I hoped those old birds would fly forever, or at least another 30+ years!

The other day I had a conversation with someone that seemed to know something about their operation. He said they were the only operation in the US that still owned the rights to the routes from miami to Havana. Not used since the revolution but just waiting for it to start up again. Would become very valuable once Fidel kicks it. Anyone else hear something like that? -kingaira90

That just ruined my weekend. I was planning on Chalks being my retirement job. Something fun, paying enough money to buy my beer and ensure. No more mallards to the islands is a sad sad thing. I hoped those old birds would fly forever, or at least another 30+ years!

The other day I had a conversation with someone that seemed to know something about their operation. He said they were the only operation in the US that still owned the rights to the routes from miami to Havana. Not used since the revolution but just waiting for it to start up again. Would become very valuable once Fidel kicks it. Anyone else hear something like that? -kingaira90

Yes. I heard that when Fidel "kicks it" his brother Raul will take over (he's pretty much in charge already) and nothing will change. In fact Raul is even more of a hardliner, so it may get worse.

Latest resources

Back