Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lazy8

Registered Parrot Head
What's the deal over at Chalks? Are they ever going to bring the Mallards back or are they just going to continue contracting out to Bimini Island Air?

Grove are you a old paradise island guy. For the above you have got to be the biggest idiot on this website.

Grove are you a old paradise island guy. For the above you have got to be the biggest idiot on this website.

No, but I've been interested in Chalks for about as long as I can remember. I had heard through the rumor-mill that they had to take the Mallards offline (after the accident) for thorough mx checks, but I had no idea they might never be coming back. At least it seems that way.

It's too bad nobody makes new airliner seaplanes anymore.

Last edited:
I Also have always had a special place in my heart for Chalks.

If it paid$$$$ and was in Nfla.

oh well. dreams are dreams.

this thread is really confusing to me. but all i can say is i see 1900's flying into the bahamas with big sky paint scheme's with the call sign of chalks??? again i have no clue on the whole chalks story and i am unfamiliar with big sky's operation so this post may be meaningles to everyone. thanks for listenign though

this thread is really confusing to me. but all i can say is i see 1900's flying into the bahamas with big sky paint scheme's with the call sign of chalks??? again i have no clue on the whole chalks story and i am unfamiliar with big sky's operation so this post may be meaningles to everyone. thanks for listenign though

Big Sky was first contracted to operate as Chalks, but now it's Bimini Island Air. Both operate 1900's. Chalks originally operated the Grumman Mallard seaplane until they had an accident a couple years ago. Since then they've grounded the seaplane fleet and have been contracting out their flying.

g

Latest resources

Back