Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
I have done a search on this subject on the site and had a couple of questions about this operation.

In the past i asked some questions about how it is to work there, and now i would like to see if anyone can help me with the way of life at Chalk's. I am not interested in flying for the majors ever, i would rather have fun while flying, and this seems like a great way to do that. My contract is about to expire with airnet and i was wondering whether it would be a good idea to try to go here.

Anyone know what starting pay is like? This will be a big factor in whether i go now or wait until i have more saved up to afford housing and such in FL. I know it is not cheap living in the area. The trips seem pretty easy on their website with the longest legs being just over an hour. Are their pilots home daily or do they have to overnight out and fly into the mainland on their first legs each day?

I have heard that the f/o's are required to load luggage and fuel the planes, and that does not bother me, because i pretty much do that now, and it always helps to keep you in shape. What is the life of their f/o's, what other duties do they have besides paperwork and loading and such?

If anyone has anything else they can share that is not on the website i would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance for any help.

I applied for a Dispatcher position at Chalk's last fall and did some research on them myself. I have one or two things to add to what you already know.

I believe the flight crews don't do any overnights at their out stations. They return home almost every night.

I'm not 100% sure about the pay, but from what I've seen on other posts, its about the same as a first year FO at most regionals make. $18-24,000? It also helps if you have your multiengine seaplane rating when applying.

Hope this helps!

Latest resources

Back