CFII ride (Chicago area) on Tuesday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LewisU_Pilot

Any last minute pointers? Suggestions? Advice? Opinions? I will be taking the test with Leslie Henninger, a DE out of the Chicago land area. I hope its not as bad as my initial with the DPA FSDO. I've been studying hard core, but feel like I still don't know as much as I should. Not sure why I am even taking it. I plan on being in the regional's come August.

Don't walk into it thinking it will be easier than a ride with the detectives down in DPA. That said, it'll be easier. Leslie's very fair. Have you taken a ride with her before?

teach basic attitude instrument flying, tell him which instruments you're using to perform the simplest things. my cfii was an easy walk in the park.

It's not that rough. She is a good pilot so if she starts making a mistake you'll recognize it. Her big thing is that your not watching her as much as your looking for other aircraft, because as you know over JOT collision avoidance is a must. Good luck!

Leslie is very fair, and easy to get along with if you know your stuff. You're toast in the oral if you don't.

good lord, your're not at a regional yet? Didn't you instruct out of clow? If you know your IFR book knowledge, you're fine for the oral. As for teaching, keep it simple and to the point, don't dribble on and on about small things. Ditto what the other guy said about keeping your head on a swivel, esp around JOT. That's something she is looking for.

good lord, your're not at a regional yet? Didn't you instruct out of clow? If you know your IFR book knowledge, you're fine for the oral. As for teaching, keep it simple and to the point, don't dribble on and on about small things. Ditto what the other guy said about keeping your head on a swivel, esp around JOT. That's something she is looking for.

Passed!!!! Oral was 2.0 hours on the dot and the flight was 1.6. She defiantly got me on some of my weaker areas in the oral. I now know what to look more into. The flight went pretty good as well. She gave me some pointers here and there that I will keep with me for future instructing.

Pilotsh yeah I taught at clow for a brief period of time. The reason I am not at a regional yet is because my twin time is really low. 30 hours.

30 hours multi is good enough for some of the really bad regionals.

Latest resources

Back