• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reminds me of the Drivers Ed course that I had to take online. They timed you, you had to spend exactly 3 hours. One hour of it had to do with seat belts and safety, I just watched some TV.

I have heard that if you are currently flying for a 121 or 135 carrier then show up in uniform at local fsdo and they possibly will renew it as a "courtesy"- any truth to this??

C H E E R S

3 5 0

It use to be like that.. Not anymore unfortunately. I think you can on occassion find a fed willing to do it still.

I made the mistake of letting my CFI expire about 7 years ago. I wasn't using it and, quite frankly, it slipped my mind. I thought that I would have to take the test all over again. However, I took a type ride for a 121 carrier and asked the inspector if there was anything I could do? She had me fill out an application and mail it to her. I received my temporary certificate in the mail a few days later.

sayagain?

nimtz said:
So all you do is go grab some DVD's and turn your computer on. All you have to do with AF is change screens every 5 minutes or so.

Not even. I just minimized the window and left it for hours. The clock just kept on ticking.

I recently attendend the AOPA renewal course and was surprised at how well run and interesting it was...

Fun to meet other pilots and talk airplane stuff....

I was also surprised at how many people were there. I had this preconceived image of about 10 guys in a small room going through the FOI and FAR's...

anyway, it was held in a huge conferance room, have over 100 people there and a very nice multi-media presentation on a big screen that took up the whole wall.

Latest resources

Back