• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so you can simply minimize the window while you are browsing the net?
Prior to this thread, yes. Thanks fellas. I'm sure it will be 'fixed' next time around. Do you think we live in a vacuum here? Shut your pie holes.

My CFI ticket expires on Jan 31 of '06. How soon do I need to start the American Flyers course to make sure that everything goes through?

You've got plenty of time to do it, but I wouldn't put it off much longer. Give them a call - the number is on their website.

I'm doing mine right now as speak through Gleims. I looked at others and throuhg a few recommedations for Gleims, I chose them. I've heard mixed stuff about others including Jepp and American Flyers. I'm not sure how they are because I haven't done the renewal through them, so I can't speak to their quality or lack of quality. I'm more than half way done with Gleims and I think it'll be about a total of 5 hours or so when I'm completely done.

AlabamaMan!! said:
Anyone know of the best way to go without spending too much time or money? American Flyers has a $125 lifetime renewal, but I hear it is a 30 hour course online. I wouldnt mind doing it, but thats a lot of time and I feel like I'm giving money to the NY Yankees of aviation or similiar.

Any suggestions? Due at the end of the year.

Do the online gleim thing. It took about 2 hours to do the whole thing. Just guess on all those practice questions and go straight to the 10 question test. They give you the online notes when you take it so you can just copy and past all the answers. Its really a joke.

if you volunteer at a wings weekend program (doing flights), you can get it renewed. i think they want to see 5 flights with participants...although i've heard them say "come see me this afternoon" after a couple flights and they will renew it.

Really simple actually. Just get it renewed by checking the "duties and responsibilities" box on the back side, lower right of the 8710-1 from. take to the FSDO and have an inspector renew. No questions asked if you are flying commercially as captain on a 2 or more pilot crew for 91,121,135,125,137, ect. If not a captain, and you can show duties and responsibilites like being chief or asst. chief flight instructor at your school it will work. just be creative and you'll find a way. beats shelling out money to jepp or gleim that coulda gone to the beer fund. my .02

cargoflyr69,

i think you should take your .02 cents and shove it. How you doin man? Seen Smilin Paul around anywhere lately? Stay outta trouble, you ever make it through ORD? Hit me up if you ever have an overnight.

Later man, and Have a Merry Krimmas biotch.

Latest resources

Back