• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does an online CFI Renewal course (American Flyers, Gleim, Jepp, etc...) cover all of the ratings on one's instructor certificate? I'm a CFII and don't want to see that second I disappear because I did Gleim's CFI refresher.

I've read the FAQs for all of those courses and none seem to address this topic which concerns me.

Thanks

I just went through the process of getting my CFI back after letting it expire. It really wasn't that bad getting it back. Just grab an examiner and take the practical test for one of your instructor ratings. If you haven't been too active, it serves as a good refresher anyway. I think the whole process took about two hours. All in all it took less time and cost about the same as going to one of the weekend courses.

You should be able to renew it with the FSDO based on pass rate, 4 out of 5 is all you need.

Also, if you work for 141, and do Stage Checks, you can renew it on the fact that you "Continuously evaluate Pilot Performance". Thats what I did anyways...

Does an online CFI Renewal course (American Flyers, Gleim, Jepp, etc...) cover all of the ratings on one's instructor certificate? I'm a CFII and don't want to see that second I disappear because I did Gleim's CFI refresher.

Yes it does.

Latest resources

Back