Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Felony

Dear Troy,
Don't worry about it for your CFI job. I wouldn't say a thing, unless you are required to get a SIDA badge.

When you get ready for Part 121 or whatever, TSR 1542 only calls for a 10 year background check. So that means if you need a SIDA badge for your position and your felony has been in the past 10 years you are out of luck. After 10 years, you are good to go. There are 27 felonys you can't have on your record and get a SIDA (security identification dispay area) badge in the past 10 years. After 10 years, the FAA, TSA, doesn't seem to care. Hope this helps.
WK

1) Captain "overs"; I did take responsibility for the action. I took a plea bargain because I knew that I had violated the law AFTER I was charged!! I didn't even know that the law existed in the first place!! She (the ex) had NO problems with hunting firearms in the house when she lived here, it's just after she moved out and wanted to spite me is when the ATF was notified. That is what I blame her for.

2) You look like a complete moron with that ignorant, crybaby, "i hate bill o'reilly" website on your profile. Get a life.

3) Thanks, Huggyu2, that is appreciated.

I never said that I deserve not to have this on my record. Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law. It would have been nice if the judge or my attorney of the orginal MISDEMENOR would have told me that possession of a firearm would be agnist the law. Hell, I've talked to many people that didn't know that it was illegal!! I've also gotten really good at archery. It's a lot more fun and sportsmen like and I can participate legally.

Latest resources

Back