• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Interview questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's certainly not a good thing to have on your record, but take a breathe and don't let it consume you. If this job doesn't work out, the next one will, or the one after that. You will eventually get your chance, you might just have to dig a little further.

If your goal is beyond flight instructing that is also available to you to. Again, you'll need to find the right company, but it's there.

Best of Luck on your interviews.

Majority of the owners who run flight schools have a shady past so i wouldnt sweat it. I havent met an honest flight school owner yet so good luck.

NW_Pilot said:
That sucks! So what happens if you decide to drop out of the so called “civilized society” and decide to hunt for your primary food source! I know myself; I prefer wild elk or deer over icky tainted beef any day! I bet you could fight any further charges that by taking away your firearms you will not be able to eat and are depriving you of your life & liberty! You could start your own religion that requires that the only meet you can eat is wild game! It works for the puppy & kitten eaters in this country!

Why don't you stop using all this electricity and go plant a tree?

For part 91, don't tell them anything they don't ask. If they somehow "discover" your record, you may have to explain... but any place that doesn't ask this "felonies" question up front will never bother to "check your record" IMHO

If the operator/flightschool owner wants "background" on you, then give him background. Don't answer any questions not asked.

If the application asks about "felonies" then answer honestly. Your explanation sounds decent and I don't think most flightschool owners will sweat it if you seem like a decent person and you earnestly want the job.

PM me if you want more advice (from a former flight school flunky)

I'm back from my interview, I got a good feeling about the whole thing. The Director of Flt Ops brought up the background check and I let him know the whole story. The place that I interviewed at was at a college, so I do not believe that it will be a big deal. HR is the hiring authority anyway, so if the application asks for it, then they see it. I'm sure that they rely on his recomendation anyway.

As for the hunting portion, I still can have a muzzleloader and/or a bow. I've gotten really good at archery. It's a lot more fun and sportsmen like anyway. I guess nobody has ever been killed in the history of man by an archer or a black powder rifle!!

Good luck on the job. I hope they'll understand and look past it. It's good that you were honest about the whole thing.

Thanks, I hope to be hearing back soon!! Looks like about 100 hrs/mo of dual given during the normal semester. Should be flying freight by next year (I hope)

Troy,
For what's it's worth, based purely on your postings, if I were an HR type, I'd hire you. Honesty and willingness to accept responsibility says a lot.

Am I missing something here? When did he take responsibility for it? If I read his post right he blames his ex for his problems. "It was just some hunting rifles". Guess what? If you can't have them then you're breaking the law. It's not her fault you got busted. I wouldn' t hire you because you should be smarter than that.

Latest resources

Back