CFI Initial FSDO Waiting Period.. please help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jbroey3

Can someone please give me some insight as to a cut-off waiting period a CFI candidate should wait concerning FSDO checkride scheduling?

This is becomming a ridiculous and utter waste of my time.

I have been waiting for two weeks and have not heard ONE response as to when my CFI initial checkride is to be scheduled.

After 3 phone calls, and one FAX for the request, nothing, zip, zilch..

This is how the FAA is "helping"?

I hate to also give the impression of disgust and contempt for their services, but I think it would be HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL for a simple return call / fax of confirmation and a general estimate of the time-table we are looking at.

I am also interested in using a DPE instead of the FSDO because of time constraints. From what I can recall is that if the FSDO was not available to provide you with a checkride within 30 days of scheduling, then you COULD have the FSDO assign a DPE to give the practical test instead.

Anyone know about this?

Anyone please advise. I'm losing my patience and burning UNECESSARY money in the process of "waiting" for them to do their Job.

That's right, dude. You tell those bastards just how you feel. Furthermore, I think you should tell them what their jobs are, and how they're not doing them. Good luck with that. :beer:

Maybe you should ask your endorsing instructor to give them a call and ask...

In the meantime, keep studying...the inital pass rate needs some help ;)

David

Jbroey3 said:
Can someone please give me some insight as to a cut-off waiting period a CFI candidate should wait concerning FSDO checkride scheduling?

Insight? How 'bout this?
Who are you? The applicant, or the instructor?
Each FSDO has it's own policy. No one can answer specifics about your question.

Generally, the instructor must make the appointment. This is so the FSDO can believe the CFI aplicant is ready - they want you to be ready to take the ride when you make the appointment.

Generally, applicants cannot make an appointment - but I waste my time here because you have to abide by the policies of that particular FSDO.

Get your instructor involved in this - he has to be, you know.

I would do everything in my power to find a DE that will do it for you. your chances of passing will be much improved. Where are you located, I know of a few.

Way2Broke said:
I would do everything in my power to find a DE that will do it for you. your chances of passing will be much improved. Where are you located, I know of a few.

I'll have to find the document, but I know I just read a report published by the FAA about pass rates, and for the CFI-Initial, the pass rate with the FSDO was slightly higher than the DPE. I'll have to find the numbers again...

Which FSDO are you attempting to deal with? Some are better than others when it comes to checkrides. I would agree with the earlier posters who said you should avoid all FSDO's if possible; however, there are some that will give you a fair swing and some that will not.

Latest resources

Back