CFI Gold Seal Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blesko said:
It will renew your cfi based on the gold seal status, however I believe the 8/10 pass rate must be within the last 12 or 24 calender months

I renewed my CFI using a 4/5 student pass rate and I don't have a gold seal.

Part 61.197(a)(2)(i): A record of training students showing that, during the preceding 24 calendar months, the flight instructor has endorsed at least five students for a practical test for a certificate or rating and at least 80 percent of those students passed that test on the first attempt;

eP.

And no one will care that you have one.
I care.

I am sorry you are bitter over this subject; that you haven't recieved acknowledgement of your accomplishment,...yet.

But if you stay at it, and continue to do self-improvement things, as the gold seal implies, as you gain experience, you will learn what it means.

I care.

I am sorry you are bitter over this subject; that you haven't recieved acknowledgement of your accomplishment,...yet.

But if you stay at it, and continue to do self-improvement things, as the gold seal implies, as you gain experience, you will learn what it means.

Ok what about this. Once a gold seal always a gold seal. It only says something about someone when they first got the gold seal. After that their pass rate could go down to 0% but they will still be a gold seal CFI. I renewed it this way so I didn't have to spend a weekend in a class or hours online. It's nice to have and all I'm saying is I care about it, but most other people don't.

I renewed my CFI using a 4/5 student pass rate and I don't have a gold seal.

Part 61.197(a)(2)(i): A record of training students showing that, during the preceding 24 calendar months, the flight instructor has endorsed at least five students for a practical test for a certificate or rating and at least 80 percent of those students passed that test on the first attempt;

eP.

Thats also correct, however we're not discussing that. The applying for a gold seal will renew your CFI at 8/10 pass rate, not a 4/5 pass rate. At least 10 students must take a checkride and a minimum of 8 pass on the first attempt

blesko said:
Thats also correct, however we're not discussing that. The applying for a gold seal will renew your CFI at 8/10 pass rate, not a 4/5 pass rate. At least 10 students must take a checkride and a minimum of 8 pass on the first attempt

The 8/10 is to GET the Goal Seal and renew it ONCE. You can use the 8/10 qualification to renew it once. So figure that would be two 24 month periods of 4/5 (for a regular CFI) or one 48 month period for a Goal Seal. After that your going to need to renew your Goal Seal like everyother CFI.

Six one way, half dozen the other.

Now, is that what you're discussing?

eP.

I'm gonna start a "Gold Seal" Club out of spite so those who have achieved this status can lament, and relax on our laurels of accomplishment...

Latest resources

Back