• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cfi - Cfii - Mei

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I'm going through my instrument training right now. I bought the 1200 pound book from Jeppesen - Instrument/Commercial Manual. Going through it right now, which is why I thought I should take the CFII written the same time as the Instrument written.

thanks once again!
-Nick

FII written

At least in my day, nearly twenty years ago, the Instrument and FII writtens were virtually the same. The FII just had more questions. Once again, this was in the early to mid '80s, but I doubt things have changed that much.

While we're on the subject of instrument written exams, why don't you consider taking the IGI written along with the others? Of course, you don't have to take all of them in the same day. Once again, same questions as the other instrument writtens. Take the IGI and the FOI written, take both to your friendly neighborhood FSDO with a completed 8710, and go home with a spiffy new Instrument Ground Instructor certificate. I can't remember if by taking the IGI written if you get a complete AGI-IGI or just the IGI; I suspect you need to take the AGI written if you don't already hold a Basic Ground Instructor certificate.

Latest resources

Back