CFI Business Cards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gnx99

I'm gonna make some CFI business cards and am wondering if anyone has some suggestions on format, quality, images, etc.

Where do you recommend I get them?

I've read the "Saavy Flight Instructor" by Brown and he talks a little about what to include.

Thanks!

Business cards

Go to a printer and tell it what you want to do. The printer should provide cuts of airplanes, etc. that you can include.

Chances are, you will hand them out to non-pilots who want to fly or private pilots who only understand their own certificates. Therefore, don't enumerate in excruciating technical detail each and every certificate and rating you hold. Put down your quals in layman's terms, something like "Pilot Services," "Single and Multi Engine," "Flight Instruction," "Ground Instruction," etc. Put on your address and all your contact information, e.g. phone number, cell number, e-mail, etc.

Print them on good business card stock, in an easy-to-read type face. Your contact information should be easy to find.

Hope that helps.

Personally I would stay away from the "picture" business card... they tend to look tacky...

Find some cards that look very professional and have clear, concise information... Include all your Certificates & ratings as well as various contact info such as phone, cell phone, e-mail, page, etc...

One other point, if your email address is [email protected] set up another account with something professional, such as your name (i.e. [email protected]) most ISP's allow you to have multiple e-mail addresses...

Just my $0.02, take it for what it's worth...

Raised lettering; spend the extra money. Keep it as simple as possible, avoid gimmicks. Stay professional.

Avbug and Falcon Capt are right on.

Rich Stowell and Kent Parrish have photo business cards. Rich has a photo of an inverted Cessna. Kent has a Citation photo. Both cards are keepers and were expensive to print. They took hours to get their card designed properly.

Avoid the business card stock sold in office supply stores for home printing. There is a school with a cheaply printed (think home printer) business card containing a dark photo with white lettering on dark cheap business cardstock. The CFIs there are cheap, the school owners are cheap, the mechanics are cheap, the aircraft owners are cheap.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I was at an FBO in south Florida about a year ago and saw a CFI business card that said, " Flight Instructor Extraordinaire" on it.
:eek:

CooCooTim said:
I was at an FBO in south Florida about a year ago and saw a CFI business card that said, " Flight Instructor Extraordinaire" on it.
:eek:

Oh Brother... :rolleyes:

There is also an examiner who used to refer to himself as "His Airworthyness" :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back