• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Live out on the edge a little. I have been without Medical/Dental for some 5 years. It's not the way I would have liked it, but one of my best students happens to be a doctor, and I've gotten many perks from that relationship (TONS of samples of "Liquigels", free minor surgery to remove a suspicious mole, as well as free advice on everyday bumps and sneezes). How long do you plan on being a CFI? A year or two? How young are you? Probibally pretty young. If you were 60 without health, I'd be worried, but if you lack any major medical problems now, it's probibally a safe bet to not worry about it. Do what you have to do, but if you are a CFI for only part-time, you'll be instructing longer than you otherwise would have. Tough it out... or fake an infected appendix while you still have insurance and have it taken out, so you can be sure you won't get it while you don't have insurance.

Good luck,

Shy

Goose Egg said:
Lucky me, I have full medical, dental, 401k, paid vacation and sick days, and free college classes. Say what you want about having a degree, but I couldn't have gotten this job without one.

-Goose

where do you work?

Job Title:
Post Date:

Description:

Certificated Flight Instructors
11/22/2004

Positions open for Airplane and/or Helicopter flight instructors, CFI, CFII, and MEI. Qualifications to train flight instructors a plus. Tail wheel and aerobatic instruction experience a major plus. We have new, absolutely perfectly maintained, clean equipment. Standard and advanced avionics including glass cockpits. Full-motion simulation. All instructors are employed full-time and covered by workman’s compensation insurance and liability insurance. Health insurance (50% premium paid) coverage available after 90 days. We have an impressive record of safety, security, and upward mobility.

http://flyairorlando.com/employment_at_air_orlando.htm

Granted, its a 61 school, but atleast they provide it. The fact that your university doesn't is nuts...

~wheelsup

How long do you plan on being a CFI? A year or two? How young are you?

I have planned on flight instructing for at least two years. That seems to be the duration most CFIs teach here after graduating until they get something better. I worked hard to get my CFI and want to enjoy the benefits of being a CFI (both the hours and the knowledge you gain from instructing) but like DAS said, when the time/opportunity comes Im outta here.

I am 22 right now.

insurance is cheap, i pay 120/month and am stopping soon b/c the airline i was hired at provides it. if you're working enough 120 bucks isn't that much, cut back on the beer, stop smoking, whatever. I'd rather pay my 120/month with a reasonable deductible than get in a car wreck on my way home and have to pay for life flight/ambulance, whatever....never know when your luck runs out.

than get in a car wreck on my way home and have to pay for life flight/ambulance, whatever

Isn't that provided with your car insurance? I was under the assumption that it was...

~wheelsup

My first CFI job had full medical coverage. Just started a new CFI job... salary, medical, dental, vision, life, vacation and sick days, its pretty sweet.

Latest resources

Back