Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SheGaveMeClap

Your wife's boyfriend
I ran a search here on the 550 and the 560 type ratings, and this is what I found. If you have a CE-500 type rating, it's good for both the 550 and 560? Is that correct?

What if you get a 560 type from Simuflite, is it good for the 550? Is there differences training involved?

If I were to get typed in the Ultra at Simuflite, would the type say CE 560, or would it say CE 500?

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm a dumb Beechjet driver and don't know sheet about Citations.

The CE-500 series type rating is good for the Citation I,II,V (encore, bravo, ultra). The CE-560XL is a seperate type.

Regards
Bman

CE-500: Good for 500, 501, 550, 551, 560. Which is the I, ISP, II, IISP, SII, and V models, which all include the Bravo (new 550), Ultra, (New 560 or V), and Encore (new 560/V with bigger engines)

CE-560XL: Good for Citation 560XL or 560XLS. (650 series body with 500 series wing.

CE-650: Good for all CE-650 models. Citation III, VI, VII.

CE-680: New type good for CE-680. (Citation Sovereign).

CE-750: Good for the bad boy itself. (CE-750=Citation X)

In addition:

CE-525: Good for the CitationJet, CitationJet1, CitationJet2, and CitationJet3.

Thanks for the good info. If I got a type in the Ultra, what would it say on the back of my certificate? CE-500? Or is the type given in a CE-500 and differences training is given for your aircraft type (ie. Bravo, Ultra, etc.)?

CE-525 is good for the CE-525 (CitationJet, Citation CJ1), CE-525A (Citation CJ2) and CE-525B (Citation CJ3).

SheGaveMeClap said:
Thanks for the good info. If I got a type in the Ultra, what would it say on the back of my certificate? CE-500? Or is the type given in a CE-500 and differences training is given for your aircraft type (ie. Bravo, Ultra, etc.)?

Your certificate would just say CE-500. Simuflite offers courses in all types, but the type rating is the same. Legally, you don't need differences training. If you want Ultra training, sign up for an Ultra course. If you want 501 training, sign up for a 501 course. But legally, it doesn't matter. It only matters for your insurance company. It's like with Learjets. If you get a LR-JET type rating, and go to school on a LR-25, you are good to go as captain in a LR-55, even though they are totally different airplanes. However, the Citations are all VERY similar, so it's not as big a deal.

Bottom line, you can get a course in an Ultra, you'll get a CE-500 rating on the back of your certificate, and you'll be legal in all the 500 series Citations except the CJ series and the Excels.

CE-500 is a GREAT rating to have, also. I think I read somewhere that it certifies you in 58% of the corporate jet fleet in the country. There are SOOO many Citations out there, you can almost always find a job, or contract work if you've got some time in type.

The "difference training" comes into play if you are operating with a single pilot exemption. If you have the sp exemption, say in the C550, you can do difference training for the C560 and have the sp exemption in that as well. Unlike the CE500 type rating, the sp exemption is model specific.

Latest resources

Back