Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna says it will "One up" Gulfstream 650 for speed title!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now thats funny .. Falcons are BMW's, Gulfstreams are Porsches

Oz,

Funny you would use those cars, I agree 100%.

Although I have never had my hairy paws on the yoke of a Falcon, its always been known they were the smoothest of jets... period. I remember back in the 1970's my dad was on the Dassault Falcon 50 design committee. He went to France a lot. (I think I might have some half brothers/sisters over there :laugh:). All he could talk about was how this jet was so smooth. His corporation took delivery of the 2nd acft in the USA.

As for flying the Gulfstream, its a 70,000pd Peterbuilt! H-E-A-V-Y on the controls.

As for the cars... you wont find a more enjoyable ride than these new BMW's. My girlfriend has a new 328i and its 10 inside and out.

My guess is Cessna will just whip up a X+ with winglets, Collins avionics, and enough extra thrust to barely retake the lead in speed. I've heard they have been working on the winglets already so it would be an easy upgrade for them just like every other warmed over line they have added the + to. I'm saving my oohs and ahhs for when we finally have a supersonic airplane for us bizjet jockeys to play with.

I can't remember who said it or which message board it was on (FI or our union board) but simply stated:

Cessna, the Mr. Potato Head airplane company.:laugh:

“Today were are still the fastest and if Gulfstream achieve what they say the are going to do then we will one-up them. We are not going to rest on this one!”

IF? The metal is already being cut, flight test will start next year, and by the end of 2011 the airplane will likely be certified and deliveries started.

Pretty hard to one-up .925M, 7000 NM at .85M, EVS/HUD, synthetic vision, Planeview with electronic Jeppesons, stand-up cabin, two lavs, HUGE windows, in-flight access to baggage, queen-sized bed at the conference table, and a flight attendant. Yeah, good luck with that, Cessna.

And yes, Gulfstream will meet, or surpass, every performance goal stated at product launch.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

This could be turning into the dumbest thread on FI. My airplane can beat up your airplane.

Signed,

A current X driver who could care less if its not the fastest. Show me the money....

Signed,

A current X driver who could care less if its not the fastest. Show me the money....

Really. You could actually care less? Then you still probably care, at least a little bit.

Sorry. Being the grammar police is a compulsion.

Thats it, I can't show my face in the fbo! I won't be able to live with the fact I'm flying the 2nd fastest biz jet in the world now! Wait! with a little mountain wave .94 is easy! Does that count?:D

This could be turning into the dumbest thread on FI. My airplane can beat up your airplane.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one thinking this. Certainly the stupidest argument I have read on this site...and by pilots, no less.

I want the last 5 minutes I spent in this thread, back.

Latest resources

Back