• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna (Citation?) down at HOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots, ATC, Mechanics, Aircraft owners, ect... We are all on the same team called aviation. There are good players and bad ones on all teams.
Lets not lose sight on the fact that two people died today. They had families/ Bless thier souls.

Pilots, ATC, Mechanics, Aircraft owners, ect... We are all on the same team called aviation. There are good players and bad ones on all teams.
Lets not lose sight on the fact that two people died today. They had families/ Bless thier souls.

gkrangers said:
what in the hell happened?
I'm curious as well. After all, it was a multi and it was a turbine. Short of having a fuel problem or ducks ingested, what the hell could have caused the crash?

I have some right seat 135 Citation time, but I self admittedly do not have enough time or education in them to speculate.

Sincere condolences for the families of anybody involved.

It was a doctor owned 33 year old airplane. I guess with medical bills being so high, the docs can afford something bigger that a V tail Bonanza, aka, fork tailed doctor killer. The airplane was on a functional test flight, but was on a flight plan to CRP.

erj-145mech said:
It was a doctor owned 33 year old airplane. I guess with medical bills being so high, the docs can afford something bigger that a V tail Bonanza, aka, fork tailed doctor killer. The airplane was on a functional test flight, but was on a flight plan to CRP.
not much sympathy from your end, i see.

Physicians have been killing themselves in airplanes for years because generally

a) they can afford to purchase high performance machines
b) they have an attitude that they are invincable
c) their egos will only let them buy the highest performance machines available
d) due to their busy schedules, they don't maintain proficiency as they should

Had a doctor buy an SNJ because he always wanted one, and his accountant told him that he could write it off because he had another practice in another city, and could use it to travel between the two cities. He already owned a Stearman, and I made a lot of money repairing it from ground loops. One one landing, he managed to grind down both wingtips on the same landing. On that landing, he was so exited that he held down the push to talk button, so we also had a hot mic at a towered contolled field, with 10 inbounds, 1/2 hour before an airshow (Ellington, Houston, Wings Over Houston).

He bellied the SNJ in one time because he was behind the airplane, most times he was. He had the throttle advanced on final enough that the gear horn couldn't go off.

He was a very good and sucessful doc, but a cluster funk in an airplane.

Well, I don't know what kind of physician owned this jet that crashed, I'm just happy to be able to get by with a 1979 182Q. Believe me, not all physicians have the walk on water attitude and if I'm faced with a go or no go situation due to weather, ect, then you can bet I'm no go. We get a bad rap because of our profession but believe me there are some of us who take no chances. By the way, I'm an emergency medicine physician, so I've seen what comes in our doors first hand and it enlightens me significantly. We had a cardiologist at my field plow his 210 in the trees killing his wife and himself after being told by ATC that the weather was below minimums but he was full steam ahead because, after all, he's a surgeon. Just want all you to know that not all physicians can afford new airplanes and not all physicians think they are above god. Common sense is still the order of the day, TC

flydoc1979 said:
Well, I don't know what kind of physician owned this jet that crashed, I'm just happy to be able to get by with a 1979 182Q. Believe me, not all physicians have the walk on water attitude and if I'm faced with a go or no go situation due to weather, ect, then you can bet I'm no go. We get a bad rap because of our profession but believe me there are some of us who take no chances. By the way, I'm an emergency medicine physician, so I've seen what comes in our doors first hand and it enlightens me significantly. We had a cardiologist at my field plow his 210 in the trees killing his wife and himself after being told by ATC that the weather was below minimums but he was full steam ahead because, after all, he's a surgeon. Just want all you to know that not all physicians can afford new airplanes and not all physicians think they are above god. Common sense is still the order of the day, TC

Off topic but a quick note of thanks for the work you do. The work performed by ER physicians is nothing short of amazing and like many, our family has been directly impacted by the incredible skills of both doctors and nurses working in a trauma ER unit. You guys really make a difference.

A sincere thank you.

Latest resources

Back