• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 850

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Way Cool; Did anyone see in the press release where they will build the jet? Hope not in China next to the 162 line, "Do'h"!

The 850 will be built in Wichita. Cessna is teaming with Spirit to build the fuselage and wings.

Take it for what its worth, but I heard today at recurrent from a flight crew that one is built and they are flying it at night in Wichita.
Can anyone confirm this? Sounds like a long shot to me, but it has been done before.

Yeah and it's all black with radar deflective material.
They're also flying in the pilots from Area 51.

Take it for what its worth, but I heard today at recurrent from a flight crew that one is built and they are flying it at night in Wichita.
Can anyone confirm this? Sounds like a long shot to me, but it has been done before.

I've flown chase before for flight test of a new aircraft undergoing certification. For obvious reasons one of the things you don't do is fly at night.

Isn't it amazing all the stories that we all hear at FlightSafety? If it is not the "There I was screaming towards Mother Earth with my wings on fire, and both engines flamed out". To the guy in an Intial class saying over and over again, "Well, in the MBD5000+XP that I used to fly the system worked this way....".

As for night flights in the 850, that is nothing more than someone who knows nothing about the program.

Latest resources

Back